Any Success Buying Nitrile Gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Success Buying Nitrile Gloves?

I saw an active thread discussing vinyl gloves, but I was wondering if anyone had success buying Large size Nitrile gloves. I normally buy the case of 2500 Medline Sensicare Ice Nitrile gloves for my bowel program (I do digi-stim), but unfortunately it seems my year's supply runs out next month in the midst of the pandemic. Medline is refusing to sell gloves for private use right now to ensure supply to hospitals, but that kinda leaves me up sh** creek. I've only strayed once to a different glove brand, but they kept ripping going on or coming off, so I went back to Medline and haven't strayed since.

If you all have had luck buying nitrile gloves, can you let me know where you bought them and what brand works as well as the Medline ones?

Any help is appreciated!

I had good luck initially on a website mentioned here MedOfficeDirect, but they only sent half of my order in the end and stopped replying to emails/calls. So I just had to call my credit card and stop payment on part of the order after waiting for 2 months.

Recently, I had success was the Business supply site for Costco. Good price, and decent quality. Basically, you need to just log on every day once or twice and when they are back in stock... pounce. You can only buy one per order.

And if you check a bunch of the smaller medical supply websites you can find some. They also go out of stock, so you keep checking back. I've bought some from Mountainside Medical Equipment. Prices are higher though.
    Last edited by hlh; 06-23-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

There are several options on amazon right now. No idea how they compare to the gloves you’re used to.

Comment

I think these are what you are looking for. It is a short supply, but free shipping:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/Medline-Sen...IAAOSwxDFemh4y
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
          I think these are what you are looking for. It is a short supply, but free shipping:
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/Medline-Sen...IAAOSwxDFemh4y
          Thanks for the link! I'm always suspicious of medical supplies from ebay, but I guess beggars cannot be choosers. I hate that they can price gouge, but it will be better than trying to do a BP without gloves...

Comment

Keep in mind that in a pinch you can use a sandwich sized baggie instead of a vinyl or Nitrile glove for bowel care. Just put your finger in one of the corners, and wrap it around your hand.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I used CostcoBusiness and they have medium and large nitrile gloves. I just got an email stating that Costco is shutting down the Business Delivery section on June 30th, so I just ordered a buttload of gloves.

Here's the link to large gloves:
              https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.c...100313241.html
              Last edited by McDuff; 06-25-2020, 06:12 PM. Reason: add link
              "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                I used CostcoBusiness and they have medium and large nitrile gloves. I just got an email stating that Costco is shutting down the Business Delivery section on June 30th, so I just ordered a buttload of gloves.

Here's the link to large gloves:
                https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.c...100313241.html
                Thanks for sharing. Of course because I didn't see this until this morning, they are already sold out. Maybe i'll just have to keep checking everywhere early in the morning in hopes of new stock and grabbing them before someone else.

Comment

Working...
                X