Nuprodx shower chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuprodx shower chair

I'm attempting to modify my current apartment shower that would hopefully allow me to use it as a roll-in shower. It certainly won't be the most ideal, but I think it would be doable. So I've begun looking at buying a new shower chair, and am considering either the Nuprodx 4000 or 4000 Tilt. I'm a tall (6'4) C4/5 complete, so I'm thinking the Tilt may be necessary for upper body balance/support, but I thought I also read that some have adjusted the legs on a standard chair (longer in front, shorter in rear) to provide similar support. Can anyone give feedback? I believe there is ~$1000k difference between models. Thanks

Mine is a travel chair, awesome chair and quality, had it since 2003 and still going strong, but I am not sure I would alter the legs just when I need to for better balance. Legs can be adjusted for height on mine, but the chair is extremely light and thus can get flippy.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Comment

We've been using the Multichair 6000 sliding model for over a decade. https://www.nuprodx.com/product/mc6000/

It enabled us to keep our original shower and not have to pay for remodeling

The 6000 model also has two chair tilt options:

https://www.nuprodx.com/product/mc6000tilt/

https://www.nuprodx.com/product/mc6000rstilt/

Comment

It looks like I'll be leaning toward the tilt version. I certainly don't want to risk tipping back by having the legs at different heights.

Comment

You certainly could customize the legs for your exact situation.
          The telescoping legs have perforated holes every inch or so; the inside leg part has a spring loaded button that locks the leg into position when it pops up in a perforation.
          You can separate the two tubes, and drill new holes at whatever point you need. It's sensible to not "stack" the holes up close to one another; go 90* around the tube and locate any custom holes there. If you are creating "lean", remember to number the legs and the holes in the seat where they mount lest you create a puzzle! You can obviously also do this to plumb your chair for a sloping/irregular floor.
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

I assume the backrest heights on Nuprodx models are adjustable? As a C4/5 complete, would I be fine with the standard back? As I'm 6'4, I think I'd upgrade to the 20 inch seat depth.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
              You certainly could customize the legs for your exact situation.
              The telescoping legs have perforated holes every inch or so; the inside leg part has a spring loaded button that locks the leg into position when it pops up in a perforation.
              You can separate the two tubes, and drill new holes at whatever point you need. It's sensible to not "stack" the holes up close to one another; go 90* around the tube and locate any custom holes there. If you are creating "lean", remember to number the legs and the holes in the seat where they mount lest you create a puzzle! You can obviously also do this to plumb your chair for a sloping/irregular floor.
              Would having the front legs longer then the rear ones create a balance issue with the chair though?

Comment

Depends on how much tilt you need.

Comment

You can build in dump on the GO-Anywhere chairs. http://GoesAnywhere.com. Use RG100 for $100 discount.
                  Rick Goldstein
                  GO! Mobility Solutions
                  facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Working...
                  X