Reliafit Male external catheter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliafit Male external catheter?

Is anyone using this? Is it hard to put on? Will my nurses have trouble putting it on? My penis retracts.
    https://www.medline.com/media/catalo...T/reliafit.pdf
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

dont bother i tried and they blow right off

Comment

Yes, you can certainly try it, but in my experience these types of glans adhesive external condom catheters don't function well for those who void/kick off with significant force.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I use to use the Uroheshive System catheter until that tried to make them better and they ruined them for me. I use to put the adhesive around the penis head and they were great for shrinkage. I could wear them for 2 days if i had to.
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

I never heard of the Urohesive catheter, and could find nothing on-line about it.

The Reliafit looks very close to the design of the Bioderm Men's Liberty external condom catheter, now owned by Medline. Have you tried that one?

https://mensliberty.com/

KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Norm
            Norm commented
            Editing a comment
            No I've never tried it.

You should be able to get free samples of the external condom catheters from the companies and try them out to see if they work for you.

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            I never heard of the Urohesive catheter, and could find nothing on-line about it.

The Reliafit looks very close to the design of the Bioderm Men's Liberty external condom catheter, now owned by Medline. Have you tried that one?

https://mensliberty.com/

KLD)
            KLD, do you know of many men that have tried this type of external contom succesfully? I am definitely interested! Seems like it would be MORE prone to coming off however?

I also wonder about the science behind their claim that it would reduce UTi's? In my mind it looks like it still creates an environment for bacteria to grow.

Comment

As above, this design has not worked out for most of the men I know who have tried it, but it is worth a try with free samples, especially for those with bad retraction problems. Their claim of reducing UTIs is comparing their device to an indwelling catheter, and is no better than any other ECC. With all ECCs, it is important to change daily, and clean and inspect the skin. There is evidence that wearing an ECC for longer than 24 hours does increase the risks for UTIs.

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                As above, this design has not worked out for most of the men I know who have tried it, but it is worth a try with free samples, especially for those with bad retraction problems. Their claim of reducing UTIs is comparing their device to an indwelling catheter, and is no better than any other ECC. With all ECCs, it is important to change daily, and clean and inspect the skin. There is evidence that wearing an ECC for longer than 24 hours does increase the risks for UTIs.

(KLD)
                Thanks KLD! I did not get a lot of hits for this on CareCure, just one negative review. Would be nice to know if anyone has positive input. Do you know of anyone that this has worked for or should i just post the question in a new thread?

Comment

Please don't start a new thread. Your response above puts the question at the top of the list already. I suspect you have not gotten many responses are because 1) few men with SCI are still using reflex voiding as their primary bladder management methods, and 2) few of those have tried these types of ECCs.

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
                  X