WTB/WTT Smartdrive axle clamp for 24/540 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB/WTT Smartdrive axle clamp for 24/540 wheels

I've been watching out for a good priced MX2+ on eBay for the last six or eight months, and finally found one a few weeks ago. Only problem is it came with an axle clamp for a 25" 559 setup, and I run 24" 540 wheels.

Does anybody have a 24" clamp they wouldn't mind parting with? I'd be happy to buy it outright, or also trade for the 25" clamp that I have. It just irks me to think of paying full retail for this small bit of plastic, which runs $117 or more.
    Last edited by ejl10; 04-28-2020, 06:05 PM.
    C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Alternatively, does anyone know how bad it is to use the Smartdrive with the wrong clamp like this? Seems like it would just be hanging about 1/2" low and therefore the angle of impact would be slightly smaller on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ejl10 View Post
      Alternatively, does anyone know how bad it is to use the Smartdrive with the wrong clamp like this? Seems like it would just be hanging about 1/2" low and therefore the angle of impact would be slightly smaller on the ground.
      When my son first got his SmartDrive he was using an Icon chair that doesn’t have a central axle for the clamp to attach to. Before he got the official Icon/SmartDrive adaptor I made up a simple connection to hold half of the clamp to the Icon. I had no idea about the height requirement so just made it “look about right”. The SD worked fine, and I’m sure it would have been more than 1/2” from where it should have been. So I don’t think you will have a problem using the 25” clamp.

Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Just the kind of encouragement I was hoping to hear! Thanks Gordy.

Comment

I think the thing is to have the flats at 90 deg. Mine would rotate and the angle would be all screwed up. But it worked fine just hard to get on and off. I replaced the gaskets with old inner tube pieces and now it stays in place. So out of curiosity I held the SD at different angles to see where it wouldn't run, and it has to be almost flat. You should be fine. If the angle is to high it tends to shake, but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by spinner View Post
            I think the thing is to have the flats at 90 deg. Mine would rotate and the angle would be all screwed up. But it worked fine just hard to get on and off. I replaced the gaskets with old inner tube pieces and now it stays in place. So out of curiosity I held the SD at different angles to see where it wouldn't run, and it has to be almost flat. You should be fine. If the angle is to high it tends to shake, but that's all.
            Pretty much what I was going to say.

I like the stealie.

Comment

I have used my smartdrive with the wrong clap and it’s not a bid deal you shouldn’t notice a difference unless maybe with a bigger clamp like a lot bigger but you should be fine. Only thing is it might just be either to tip but like I said you will be fine

Comment

Also smartdrive has an updated watch band I highly recommend getting it. It way better and nicer definitely a must have

Comment

Thanks everyone! I tried it out today and it worked well. I don't have the 24" version to compare it to, but I can't imagine how it might have been better. Jeramie630 I did get the new watch with the Smartdrive, one of my conditions of purchasing. certainly seemed a lot easier to use than a Fitbit, though I quickly learned that it's worthless if you turn the screen brightness down in daylight!

Comment

Working...
                  X