Who here has a modified PT Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has a modified PT Cruiser?

And how do you like it? Is it fairly easy to get in and out? Please tell me everything about it [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm looking into getting one.
    May the fetus you save be gay

Theo, we considered one for my son with the conversion on the passenger side. Basically what we discovered is that a power chair can't make the turn from its ramp into the front; also not very much head room - if you're short, that's not a hassle! Just be very careful with measurements, turning radius, etc when you're talking to the sales peeps - 'cause of course they want to sell you the car!

Comment

ok...thanks for the warning, marma

Comment

I have other reports that it doesn't
        work all that well with manual chairs
        either.

Joe
        And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

i have a power chair though...currently with the ez lock system installed under it.

Comment

I believe I remember the salesman telling us the EZ lock folks won't do an install in a PT Cruiser for safety reasons. Unfortunately.

Too bad, it's a cool little car!

They did tell me, tho that the Honda ? Expedition - the funny looking little SUV that looks like a baby hummer to me - is on the design plans to be a conversion SUV - maybe by the spring Abilities Expo - so keep your eyes out.

Who have you been talking to re the Cruiser? We talked with the folks at FMI.

Comment

Marmalady, it's the Honda Element. Conversion also by FMI.

re: the EZ Lock & PT Cruiser, I don't see why it wouldn't be any different than a van. I'd call the EZ Lock company directly.

Comment

well if they have an alternative to the ez lock that works just as well, i'd consider using that. i just really want this car [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

i havent talked to a dealer yet.

Comment

also a good solution... hope you can make it happen tiffany [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks scott for posting the pics. i really dont like the honda element though...a bit boxy, but i will admit its better than a mini van.

Comment

oh I don't like 'em either. just wait until you see my new jeep. [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

oh yeah? is it a jeep wrangler or a grand cherkee?

Comment

This is the only alternative to the EZLock I have come across:

www.creativecontrolsinc.com/tie-downs/safety-lok/index.htm

I am interested as I'm in a folding chair and this claims to still allow you to fold whereas the EZlock doesn't.

It is made in Canada and passes their tests, don't know if there is some weirdness here in the states or not. Gonna ask a local shop here.

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"
                          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Tx, Scott, for the name and pic - senior moment, lol!

Comment

so no one here has personal experience driving a pt driver then? uh, weird. i thought there'd be at least one person on here who has.

Comment

Working...
                              X