can anyone I.D. these hand controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can anyone I.D. these hand controls?

anyone here know what kind of hand controls these are?

I have them on both vehicles but not sure what they are called . . . I'll have to ask my husband.

Monarch 1-A or something like that.

~*~*~Priscilla Katheryn
    L1,2 Para since 9-12-99
    ~*~*~Priscilla~*~*~
    Mommy to William (2004) Lucas (2008) Nathan (2011)
    The Wheelchair Mommy Blog

Comment

ah, cool. Thanks Pricilla.... here's another pic I found searching around... anyone else used these?

Comment

Your welcome! My husband is A/B but he's used them when his foot was nearly broken --- LOL

Anything you want to know about them just ask [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~*~Priscilla Katheryn
        L1,2 Para since 9-12-99
        ~*~*~Priscilla~*~*~
        Mommy to William (2004) Lucas (2008) Nathan (2011)
        The Wheelchair Mommy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by glittergirl:

Anything you want to know about them just ask [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
          alrighty [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

- what level are you?
          - have you used other types to compare them to?
          - do they bang your leg if you give a lot of gas?
          - how much diid they cost ya?

thanks,
          ~ scott

Comment

The Full name is MPS Monarch Mark 1A

I have had a pair for 10 years that have been used in 2 different cars, 1990 Ford Thunderbird and 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse. They're still as good as new. They're the only kind of hand controls I've ever used, have never had a problem with them. I paid like $400 for them but that was 10 years ago, probably cost more now.

Comment

They are the bomb, kid! Much more comfortable than the MPD (I think) knob types. I love mines compared to all others. About $700 installed, new...

Building a house; check it out

Comment

JT & offthahook, thanks. Glad to hear some positive reviews. Do you know if MPS has a website? I'm not having much luck w/ google... their name is too generic.

Comment

Scott,
                  Look here.
                  http://www.freedomdrivingaids.com/br...monarch-1.html

DIGG.
                  DIGG.

Comment

That's the kind that was on a van I tested once. They felt cheap and loose to me. They kept hitting my knee and I couldn't mash the pedal down far enough even after I moved my knee out of the way.

_____
                    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
                    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

Digger, thanks... I found that site... but it's not MPS' specifically. I was hoping to find a list of dealers & an email address for them.

Jim, exactly what I'm curious about. I have a set of MPDs right now, and they're plenty solid, but I too hit my knee w/ 'em. The only alternative to that issue that I've found are the Sure Grip controls, but not having tried them, I'm not sure...

Comment

You can't buy them, only certified dealers/installers can. Ebay has sets from time to time, but you will most likely need mounting brackets for your specific model of car. $200 on ebay + $150 for install and parts at a mobility place. $350 and you win!!

Building a house; check it out

Comment

I believe that using a push-pull H/C will eliminate banging them on your knee.

Comment

Not sure what type yours are, but my wife prefers "Sure Grip", they are easy to operate & out of the way.

Comment

I am in the proess of buying a van and I don't want the MPD's or even the Monarch's. My 1st choice seem to be the Suregrip's, I like the idea of being able to drive one handed holding both the wheel and the gas at once.
                              http://www.suregrip-hvl.com/

Another set catching my eye, as an ex HD rider, are these as they use a "twist" throttle and push brake, using cables to free up the leg area. They also have a push/pull set.
                              http://www.drivingaids.com/products.html

and now "for something completely different" approach, these are cool looking.
                              www.menox.org/eng/handcontrols.htm

McD

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"
                              "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Working...
                              X