No announcement yet.

Another wheelchair braking question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good to hear that they'll work on Spinergy's. How do they mount to the chair? I used to have a .pdf I downloaded from the site, and I couldn't really tell. It looked kind of like you have to replace the hub of the wheel though.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

The aluminum hub is mounted to the wheel. The piston housing is mounted onto the frame. A cable goes from the piston housing to the levers, which can be mounted anywhere, but usually on the front frame, just under the seat. When the levers are pushed, the cable pushes the piston out of the housing, which then engages into one of the holes on the hub. The opposite happens when the levers are pulled. Special set ups can be made for only one lever if a person only has use of one hand. The levers are very easily pushed and pulled and can be done with only one finger!

When the brakes are engaged the chair does not move at all. There's a picture of them on the spinlife.com web site.

Comment

Here is their website:

http://www.dslocks.net/

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The Quickie brakes fit on the Colours chair easy enough!!! No parts to make~ work really well. THANK YOU!
          "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Originally posted by teesieme:

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The Quickie brakes fit on the Colours chair easy enough!!! No parts to make~ work really well. THANK YOU!
            great teesieme, is he happy w/ them
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Yes, so far he is. Muah!...where is that smiley giving a kiss and hug? THANK YOU!
              "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Originally posted by teesieme:

Yes, so far he is. Muah!...where is that smiley giving a kiss and hug? THANK YOU!
                every so often tighten the nuts and bolts that hold the brakes together, if they get loose the brake doesnt work as well.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                X