No announcement yet.

Standing frames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone got Medicare to pay for it with secondary kicking in ????

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by luigi91377:

LeticiaG, Willwalk
      the 6000 glider listed above is in the process of being sold to one of the CC members.
      But I believe my friend might have another for sale very soon, let me know if you are interested. luigi913@aol.com
      Talk ty later,
      Luigi .

every time you fall,
      stand up tall....
      come back for more
      every time you fall,
      stand up tall....
      come back for more

Comment

I'm posting to this thread a bit late, since I am a new SCI (T6) who just found this site... I used a stander for an hour every day in inpatient and loved it... I honestly don't know what model it was. In any case, my feet were fine, but I had to watch my knees, which formed red areas after a while... but they always went away quickly.

--------------------
        "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)
        --------------------
        "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

Comment

I'm interested in using a standing frame particularly the glider type.
          The thing is I'm wondering whether it is ever too late to start standing.
          I am 10 years since my accident give or take a few months and I'm wondering whether there is an issue with standing after such a long period of time without having stood.
          I'm thinking in terms of the long bones and hips is there any issues that prevent me doing it now?
          I was never offered the option in the spinal unit and only ever saw paraplegics in the frames.
          Cheers
          Curbyi

Comment

Hey Curbyi, I'm 5 years post and also wanting to use a stander. So, I'm also wondering if my legs and hips will be able to handle the weight load after so many years.

I've read about people getting in standers after sitting for 20+ years. I've only read about the happy endings though. I'm sure there are a few not so happy stories. I was thinking I may possibly go and have a bone density test done. Not sure if I need one though.

Mabey the kind nurses will give us the low down.

Comment

Hi Curby,
              I got a standing frame about 11 years post injury (last year). It has been great. Probably the biggest issue after sitting in a chair for so long is the flexibility of my back and hips. I could not stand completely straight right away and my back hurt afterwards - in a good kind of way. My legs felt fantastic and spasm was significantly reduced.

I would start slow (not so high/straight) until you are certain that your bones can handle the weight. Just go a little higher each time.
              Cheers,
              Laurie

Comment

What about the adult Ablegaitor? Has anyone tried it. It would provide exercise because you are moving your legs with a tilting motion and your hands. And it is mobile. The drawback that I see in the picture is that you would be walking around on skiis.

I didn't know that the Easystand 5000 had a mobile add-on. Does it have a glider as well?
                J.

Comment

Working...
                X