"Pimp my Ride"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pimp my Ride"

ok, so I admit I sometimes catch myself watching "Pimp My Ride" or "Overhaulin". I 'm just curious if they did a "Pimp my chair" what would you wish for?

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

I would want a custom paintjob with butterflies and wind done in all the colours of the rainbow. Custom 'upholstery' too. And maybe make my powerchair street legal? I really wish they would overhaul my big ass Ford Van!
    I watch What Not to Wear and wish they would do a person in a wheelchair.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi:

I watch What Not to Wear and wish they would do a person in a wheelchair.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
      ~ Anon
      me too! I dunno if I would like to hear what they have to say 'bout my fashion. but, I'd love to hear it anyhow.

- Alan Kay

- Alan Kay

Comment

I want my ride pimped but you need to live in CA!!!
        Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

My buddy sent me this pic a while ago. The guy has the same rims on his truck and chair. I thought this was "PIMP"

JOE
          JOE

Comment

hahaha, that's great [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Emi, you could do this partially with custom spoke guards for your manual chair:

http://www.spokeguardart.com/

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I was thinking of making a pimp full-polish TiLite ZR with some fancy wheels similar to the ones on the photo below from Glance Wheels...

Glance Wheels

Then again, I really dont want too much attention paid to the chair, and they are heavier than your typical Spinergies detracting from the ultralight chair concept, so I dont know, but it is an idea.

Comment

ok, so maybe I'm a newbie. but, exactly what is the functional purpose of spoke guards? I've often wondered this, but never asked. what better time than the present?

Andy- that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture of that guy's wheels below. "HOW HEAVY THOSE MUST BE!!!!"

keep these coming. I never knew there were options like these out there. I'm kinda like you Andy, I am a simple gal and want my chair to be the last thing you notice about me. ( [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I doubt that is possible. but, a gurl can wish, eh?) but, I love seeing the options and what other wheelers are doing to pimp their wheels.

- Alan Kay

- Alan Kay

Comment

I am pretty simple too when it comes to my chair. I opted out of getting the caster wheels that lightup when you roll when I first got my chair. Dont' need the extra attention.. you already get enough being in a chair. A women I was in rehab with got them because her children liked them though.

JOE
                    JOE

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo:

I am pretty simple too when it comes to my chair. I opted out of getting the caster wheels that lightup when you roll when I first got my chair. Dont' need the extra attention.. you already get enough being in a chair. A women I was in rehab with got them because her children liked them though.Spoke guard I are to protect your fingers and possibly others too I believe.

JOE
                      JOE
                      JOE

Comment

I am pretty simple too when it comes to my chair. I opted out of getting the caster wheels that lightup when you roll when I first got my chair. Dont' need the extra attention.. you already get enough being in a chair. A women I was in rehab with got them because her children liked them though.Spoke guards are to protect your fingers and possibly others too I believe.

JOE
                        JOE
                        JOE
                        JOE

Comment

I am pretty simple too when it comes to my chair. I opted out of getting the caster wheels that lightup when you roll when I first got my chair. Dont' need the extra attention.. you already get enough being in a chair. A women I was in rehab with got them because her children liked them though.Spoke guards are to protect your fingers and possibly others too I believe.

JOE
                          JOE

Comment

How about Pimping a Power chairs wheels? [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO

Comment

I once read Larry Flynt "pimped his chair" with $85,000 worth of gold plating. [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X