Who is the head honcho of Permobil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the head honcho of Permobil?

Does anybody know who the CEO of Permobil is?
    Tetraplegic & Spinal Injury Site

No, but Google did, the top return:

http://www.permobil.com/en/Corporate...p-Management-/
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      No, but Google did, the top return:

A lot of newbies in that group.
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

More than a few of them appear to have come from recent acquisitions or other related medical businesses. Permobil went through a relatively recent expansion and acquisition phase IIRC. None of them seem particularly new to the industry or their group's function. Glad to see Tom Borcherding on that list. He's been a meaningful contributor around here for years, starting back when he ran The Roho Group. Nice guy, very customer focused, and helpful to many CareCure members over the years.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thank you chaps, much appreciated. Just a shame it doesn't include an email address. I suppose I could just put his name before Permobil@.com or Permobil@com se and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Ironside View Post
            Thank you chaps, much appreciated. Just a shame it doesn't include an email address. I suppose I could just put his name before Permobil@.com or Permobil@com se and see what happens
            Maybe call Permobil and ask?
            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Yeah, maybe worth a try. Not sure if they would divulge information like that.
              I was watching a program a few years ago and someone said if you ever want to get in touch with the CEO of a company but don't know the email address then just try different email addresses that include CEO and the name of the person. If you think about it, he must have his own email address. Whether he uses the brand's name in his own email address is anyone's guess.

Comment

Glad to see Tom Borcherding on that list. He's been a meaningful contributor around here for years, starting back when he ran The Roho Group. Nice guy, very customer focused, and helpful to many CareCure members over the years.
                Permobil bought out Roho. Tom still is over the Roho division of Permobil, as far as I know.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

If you ever find them tell them you know another person with a very comfortable coat rack called an F3!
                  It's like MCAS without the tragic deaths. Am happy to provide details if you ever get a reply.

Glad to see Tom Borcherding on that list. He's been a meaningful contributor around here for years, starting back when he ran The Roho Group. Nice guy, very customer focused, and helpful to many CareCure members over the years.
                  Worst chair I've owned. Nothing good to say about a product that is unreliable and next to impossible to maintain. And a manufacturer who will not sell you a part...after they gouged insurance for $32,000. That's the final straw. I just need to remember the Purpose of a business is...to make a profit!
                  "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                  T5/6 complete

Comment

So far my F3 has worked well (except for programming which I had to do myself). Only 6 months, 57 miles, so I'm still in the shake down phase.
                    I've read many complaints on many websites. I read of Gen 1 and Gen 2 F3's. Not sure what the difference is, if any, or if there actually is a Gen 2.
                    Most of the negatives were in the first few years after the F3 first came out (Gen 1 ?)
                    We can only hope that the personnel changes at the top of Permobil will be to our advantage.
                    They are a "corporation" so -----------.
                    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

I've had three motor failures on the same wheel in 12 months and I am absolutely sick to death of it. At the moment, my corpus 500 is sitting in the corner going nowhere quickly.
                      If I was to write to the CEO I assume I will send my letter to Sweden?

Comment

I HATE mine. I stupidly listened to a friend urging me to get a front wheel drive, and not the Quickie. The chair is huge, they configured it really far forward, so the back wheels are ridiculously far back and hit everything. They're also big, which I guess is good on one hand, but they are not very smooth turning, and it's the most non-agile chair ever. Which sucks because I do dog agility, and need to turn and maneuver quickly. It's sloooow on reversing and turning. It's not even a year old, and falling apart. I saw an adult in a pediatric M300, and it looked a lot smaller, but I was told the base is the exact same as an adult. I'm really short, so the back on this is horrible, and pushes me forward.
                        Did I mention I hate the chair? lol. Now I'm stuck with it for the next 5 years.

Comment

Tom Bochering is an awesome human

Comment

I purchased a Quickie M 700 Sedeo and I absolutely love it. It's the comfiest wheelchair I have ever sat in. I was a little bit dubious about getting a mid-wheel drive wheelchair initially, however, all doubts have long been extinguished. If you want a wheelchair that is as at home indoors as it is outdoors then this wheelchair ticks all the boxes. The only thing I would say is I'm not sure how good it would be over a little bit of rough ground. I think a front-wheel Quickie might be slightly better if you have to navigate a little bit of rough ground that may contain very small tree roots and little divots in the grass.

Permobil has let me down big time here in the UK. We've only got a small number of guys running the show over here. However, they are next to useless nowadays. I've done with Permobil, never go back to them ever again.
                            This will show you how useless they are. They sold me a wheelchair not realising that firstly the F5 will not work with the Permolock vehicle restraint, and secondly it was me that informed them that the Permolock had been discontinued and shouldn't have even been listed on their website. One of the first things I asked when I showed interest in the F5 was "Will it work with the Permolock?"

Comment

What kind of issue are you having that the local level is not addressing?

I would ask the local Permobil rep how the VP of sales in and start there 1st.

Email is 1st name.last name@Permobil.com

Comment

Working...
                              X