remote start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote start

ok I have tried to call best buy for 3 weeks I am thru trying can not get service on hold 1/2 hr left message no call back irs 1 plus away from me.

so I talked to car shop in town who are good actually all 3 of the good ones none have put on remote starts but one was will provided I got everything
    shhees I am confused by information

Iauto zone did not have any but he said to look at bulldog rs82b is this what I need its not set up for 1 my van

2000 ford 3/4 ton cargo van is what I own thanks in addvance

I put one on my yukon years ago and really liked it. I got a one button Viper system, which was easy for a quad to use. I would start the car before using the lift. It would also allow me to press the button on the remote then turn the key off which kept the car running. I would then exit the car and run the lift back up and then press the remote and cut the car off. This meant I left the car with a fully charged battery.

Most car audio shops should be able to install them. I would call shops that install custom car stereos.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog View Post
      I put one on my yukon years ago and really liked it. I got a one button Viper system, which was easy for a quad to use. I would start the car before using the lift. It would also allow me to press the button on the remote then turn the key off which kept the car running. I would then exit the car and run the lift back up and then press the remote and cut the car off. This meant I left the car with a fully charged battery.

Most car audio shops should be able to install them. I would call shops that install custom car stereos.
      I know my old van had it loved it but I live in the sticks and lazy I guess I do not want to drive an hr then sit around another 4 or 5 hrs to be installed viper I was told had to be flashed and if the guys here did it wrong had to be reflashed by people that sold it to me compustar so trying to buy system and have my local people do it

Comment

By using the remote starter to run the motor while operating the lift, you never drain the battery and always have a fully charged battery at all times. That's a good idea. But it's probably good enough to fully charge the battery once a week. Then you don't have to worry about the remote starter.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
          By using the remote starter to run the motor while operating the lift, you never drain the battery and always have a fully charged battery at all times. That's a good idea. But it's probably good enough to fully charge the battery once a week. Then you don't have to worry about the remote starter.
          For those requiring an electric lift/ramp, I think that a remote starter is better than the to and fro required without one and that you are not loading the battery in a 'cold' state.
          Also, consider having your vehicle on a constant float charge whenever you park up at home.
          Your battery will be in constant full charge state. I know with the old lead aid batteries it extended their life by a long way. Modern batteries? I know less about them, which isn't much.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
            ... not loading the battery in a 'cold' state.
            Good point about not loading a cold battery. I forget about the cold because I live in SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_runner View Post
              For those requiring an electric lift/ramp, I think that a remote starter is better than the to and fro required without one and that you are not loading the battery in a 'cold' state.
              Also, consider having your vehicle on a constant float charge whenever you park up at home.
              Your battery will be in constant full charge state. I know with the old lead aid batteries it extended their life by a long way. Modern batteries? I know less about them, which isn't much.
              what is a constant float charge?

Comment

A float charge is a low level charge used to keep a battery charged when it is not being used. Some chargers provide a constant charge level. You can only use them for a short time (a few hours). If you leave them on longer than that, they overcharge the battery, which damages the battery. A better charger senses the battery's charge level and decrease its charge applied to the battery to a very low level that can be applied indefinitely. That low level charge is called a float charge, also known as maintenance charge.

Comment

kinda like I think I have 1 I will run it down

Comment

Here's the one that I use.

http://www.batterytender.com/Battery-TenderR-Plus
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's what I use: https://mokeyshoping.com/product/bat...yABEgITsfD_BwE

All my vehicles and equipment have a quick connect plug to the battery (one quick connect plug comes with each charger) so I never have to open the hoods. You can buy additional plugs separately.

Comment

trickle charger is what I wanted to say I got 1 of those quick connect good idea I will do that tks

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjames View Post
                          The only difference between the 750 mA and 1.25 A charger is speed. A 750 mA charger takes 1.7x longer than a 1.25 A charger.

For example, my 1.25 A charger takes about 1 day to fully charge a size 65 battery from 50% charge and about 1.5 days to fully charge a size 95R battery from 50% charge. With the 750 mA charger, those charge times would increase to 1.7 days and 2.5 days.

Of course, if you charge the battery before it gets to 50% charge (as you should) it will take less time. If you leave it on a float charge all the time, speed doesn't matter. Speed only matters when you are charging a depleted battery.

Comment

we put trickle ccharger on Monday it would help to if I just would get in van and drive somewhere but I have lost nothing out there I am content here where I live and can ride bike

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
                              I have used them. Don't leave them on over a few days at a time. Once a month is ok. I found out if you leave them on all the time they overcharge the battery and the battery only last a few years. Since going to once a month for just 2 days my battery last 4 to 5 years.
                              Art

Comment

Working...
                              X