SureHands body support or sling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRainman View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I am still curious of cost.
    Rainman, a lot depends on what features you need, and how much coverage you want, but you are usually looking at starting at $8,000-10,000 installed. All the major companies are more than happy to come to your home and give you a free estimate and design based on your needs.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Rainman, a lot depends on what features you need, and how much coverage you want, but you are usually looking at starting at $8,000-10,000 installed. All the major companies are more than happy to come to your home and give you a free estimate and design based on your needs.

(KLD)
      Thanks for the reply. It is expensive. I really thing I will look to move forward but first I will need to do some updates to my house to make it more practical in the house.

Comment

Rainman, You can always ask about buying a used/reconditioned unit. That will knock off a few sheckels. They will still guaranty the unit. I did that and saved several hundred dollars.

Comment

My husband is dependent on assistance with the SureHands. The reasons we chose a ceiling track system rather than a portable lift is that I as his caregiver have a herniated disc and making turns with w portable lift really hurt. We also do not have a lot of space for maneuvering a portable lift. Even though he needs assistance putting on the SureHands body support, he still has some control with the remote that he would not have with a portable lift.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
          X