X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair scooter attachment name?

what is the name of the scooter you pop a wheel on and it latches
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11 Jan 2020, 10:11 PM. Reason: clarify topic

The front wheel attachment for a rigid wheelchair? There are a handful of them, if so. Dragonfly comes to mind. Search for 'attachable handcycle' on google if this is what you're looking for.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
      what is the name of the scooter you pop a wheel on and it latches
      Pop and Drop? https://livingspinal.com/handcycle/pop-n-drop/
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

free wheel isn't it?

Comment

Batec - Quality engineering - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH438EVAnaM

A couple of our members are happy with this - https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...67e64cd9vSlfLZ

Or make your own - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFto5ByxMfo

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
            that's it thank you a para here want to try it I tried telling her about john bike but she doesn/t have $$$ as micheal totaled her home and its 80k just for new pilings plus house

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
              $325? 20miles? 20mph? Lipo4 batteries? This all sounds unreal after pricing Lipo4 batteries form my ZX1 @> three times the cost of this scooter!
              Can anyone here vouch for this? I'd be real interested in something light enough for me to put in the car (vs 75lb ZX1) and delivers higher performance.
              It's a no-brainer, but is this stuff true or not?
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

$325 is just for the mounting bracket. Their recommended scooter is another $999. Of course, other scooters are much less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
                  $325 is just for the mounting bracket. Their recommended scooter is another $999. Of course, other scooters are much less expensive.
                  I told judy and sent her the links

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                    $325? 20miles? 20mph? Lipo4 batteries? This all sounds unreal after pricing Lipo4 batteries form my ZX1 @> three times the cost of this scooter!
                    Can anyone here vouch for this? I'd be real interested in something light enough for me to put in the car (vs 75lb ZX1) and delivers higher performance.
                    It's a no-brainer, but is this stuff true or not?
                    there is a video on u tube of a quad I think he invented it and using he can pop a wheelie I can not. I think it true
                    https://livingspinal.com/handcycle/p.../#write_review

Comment

Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
                      Oh Well! if I had the scooter, I'd make my own brackets. I thought it was too good to be true, but some of the stuff from China these days, you'd think it was false advertising (pricing). Still, at $999 it sounds pretty great. If I didn't already have a Freewheel and the ZX1 (both bought cheap/used), I'd be ordering one!

I bought a flugelhorn from India, $85 new plus $75 shipping with satisfaction guaranteed, return it for a refund
                      Actually, it was a good deal for a marginal horn, but It worked for the one performance I needed it, then I sold it on Craikslist for $120 and bought a used Conn for $1200 which is a very good horn.
                      Last edited by pfcs49; 15 Dec 2019, 8:01 PM.
                      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                      NW NJ

Comment

I think you coud by a used scooter and make ur own channel iron drill cotter pins

Comment

Just tested Batec and runs smooth (quad version) but pricey sucker...
                          Found this Chinese one for $ 986 + shipping
                          www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                          to what we know about nature
                          Saint Augustine

Comment

Are there any affordable scooters under $500 that don't require 'a push
                            to go' or does one require fiddling with the controller to allow variable
                            speed? Can it be done?

Comment

Originally posted by comad View Post
                              Just tested Batec and runs smooth (quad version) but pricey sucker...
                              Found this Chinese one for $ 986 + shipping
                              That is cool!! That could work better than zx1 (clamps onto camber bar to use it) for someone driving from their chair, as the lockdown for the chair could be installed on the camber bar and left there.

Comment

Working...
                              X