• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Mobility

Does anyone have a V6 RWD?

Originally posted by swannyriver View Post
    I have a v6 mid wheel is there something you needing help with?

Comment

Originally posted by RollinPositive View Post
      I have a v6 mid wheel is there something you needing help with?
      The distance from out side the front caster fork to outside the other fork [footprint]. And how you remove the front battery on a chair with a power centre mount foot plate?

Comment

The distance from out side the front caster fork to outside the other fork [footprint]. And how you remove the front battery on a chair with a power centre mount foot plate?

Let me do some checking...on the batteries have to pulled the try out from the back? Thats how mine comes out...

Comment

Let me do some checking...on the batteries have to pulled the try out from the back? Thats how mine comes out...
          0ne battery is behind the motors, the other is in front of the motors.One out the rear the other out the front.I can not find any manuals on how to remove the front battery when the chair has a power center mount footrest.

Comment

Check the manufacturer and/or DME website (look for decals on chair). A phone call may be needed. I looked and only found V6 as a mid drive. RWD was a V4 model. It's important to know exactly the model chair you have. Mid drive and RWD have different chassis so battery R&R procedures are different too.
            Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
            Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Question did you get your chair used?

2nd what batteries are you going to replace it with?

You have 4 bolts one at each corner of the seat frame, then unplug the wiring...

https://www.magicmobility.com.au/wp-...Extreme-X8.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
                Check the manufacturer and/or DME website (look for decals on chair). A phone call may be needed. I looked and only found V6 as a mid drive. RWD was a V4 model. It's important to know exactly the model chair you have. Mid drive and RWD have different chassis so battery R&R procedures are different too.
                V4 European model.V6 N/A model. Same chair.The chair dimensions on the order forms do not make sense.Email sent to Aussie land, referred to IIM.Phoned IIM[nice people] and their answer was don't know and we don't have one to measure.Beginng to think the chair only exists on paper.
                Last edited by swannyriver; 12 Nov 2019, 1:44 PM.

Comment

Question did you get your chair used?

2nd what batteries are you going to replace it with?

You have 4 bolts one at each corner of the seat frame, then unplug the wiring...

https://www.magicmobility.com.au/wp-...Extreme-X8.pdf
                  Thinking about buying a new one. But lack of info is scary.I know the controler needs to be removed to open the battery box door but the centre mount legrest is in the way to remove battery..

Comment

Thinking about buying a new one. But lack of info is scary.I know the controler needs to be removed to open the battery box door but the centre mount legrest is in the way to remove battery..
                    If it is an older chair you have to take the seat off and you can access both batteries.
                    If it is a newer one the front battery tray flips open and you just have to remove the battery cover off of the rear battery.

Once you have rolled in a Frontier you'll never want to roll in anything else!

I also dont think there is a manufacture that gives more direct to consumer advice and direction then Magic Mobility world wide

https://www.magicmobility.com.au/whe...er-v4-offroad/

or Innovation in Motion in the US.

https://www.mobility-usa.com/frontie...heelchair.html

One can call, email or use social media to get answers and or direction!

Have you seen the mid wheel drive ? Roll with confidence and comfort from street to off road, beach to sand all in one chair...

web photo hosting

Comment

[QUOTE=RollinPositive;1888681]If it is an older chair you have to take the seat off and you can access both batteries.
                      If it is a newer one the front battery tray flips open and you just have to remove the battery cover off of the rear battery.

Not a MWD fan. 30 plus years using RWD I think I will stick with that style. Power foot rest is still in the way to extract battery.

[/

Comment

[QUOTE=swannyriver;1888730][QUOTE=RollinPositive;1888681]

So you pulled the seat off???

Mid wheel will give you much more ability to turn much more easy and not have to do 3 point turns like a rear wheel drive try doing a demo for a few days...

Comment

[QUOTE=RollinPositive;1888832][QUOTE=swannyriver;1888730]

So you pulled the seat off???

Mid wheel will give you much more ability to turn much more easy and not have to do 3 point turns like a rear wheel drive try doing a demo for a few days...
                          Lets start over. I do my own maintenance on my chairs.I do not have a V6 RWD yet. It is new chair time. There is no opportunity to trial one. I have tried both MWD and FWD drive over a long period of time, they are NOT for me. I would like to know the front caster footprint and how to change front battery if the chair has tilt/recline and power centre mount legrest. It looks like the casters are the widest part of the chair but the sell sheet reads 28" with AT tires,26 with hybrid tires.The order forms both CDN and US say width for both is 28"and length for the V6 RWD AT is 36" and the V6 HYBRID is 31.5 to 35"[?] I left a voicemail for Amber last week.
                          Last edited by swannyriver; 17 Nov 2019, 2:47 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=swannyriver;1888834][QUOTE=RollinPositive;1888832]
                            Lets start over. I do my own maintenance on my chairs.I do not have a V6 RWD yet. It is new chair time. There is no opportunity to trial one. I have tried both MWD and FWD drive over a long period of time, they are NOT for me. I would like to know the front caster footprint and how to change front battery if the chair has tilt/recline and power centre mount legrest. It looks like the casters are the widest part of the chair but the sell sheet reads 28" with AT tires,26 with hybrid tires.The order forms both CDN and US say width for both is 28"and length for the V6 RWD AT is 36" and the V6 HYBRID is 31.5 to 35"[?] I left a voicemail for Amber last week.

Your really confusing? So lets go back to your batteries have you pulled your seat off yes or no??

If yes can you take a picture of what is stopping you from pulling the front battery out?

Did you get your rear battery out?

I get that you do your own maintenance and that is great if you can do it.

But its taken you a week to this point and still doesn't sound like you are any closer...sometimes on batteries if you buy from a DME many will install the new ones and change out and dispose of the old ones as part of the cost they sell them to you.

I also ask what batteries are you changing to?

I see your in Canada so not to change the subject but why cant a DME bring a chair to you to trial?

Last have you contacted Magic Mobility since you posted I gave you the link a few days ago?

Not sure who Amber is?

Comment

[QUOTE=RollinPositive;1888880][QUOTE=swannyriver;1888834]

Your really confusing? So lets go back to your batteries have you pulled your seat off yes or no??

If yes can you take a picture of what is stopping you from pulling the front battery out?

Did you get your rear battery out?

I get that you do your own maintenance and that is great if you can do it.

But its taken you a week to this point and still doesn't sound like you are any closer...sometimes on batteries if you buy from a DME many will install the new ones and change out and dispose of the old ones as part of the cost they sell them to you.

I also ask what batteries are you changing to?

I see your in Canada so not to change the subject but why cant a DME bring a chair to you to trial?

Last have you contacted Magic Mobility since you posted I gave you the link a few days ago?

Not sure who Amber is?
                              Timm, read the third sentence in the quote.That is what is confusing you. There is no V6 chairs of any configuration [MWD/FWD/RWD] at any DME here.That is why I asked if anyone had one. Amber Yaichner EXT. 508 at IIM customer service.

Comment

Working...
                              X