Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raz or active aid

witch one do yall prefer

looking for stability good pressure releaving seat and self propel rear wheel
    and hopefully an easier reach under for bowel care my mariner isnt working very well for that

looked at the 920 by active
    and the raz sp

thoughts on either they got to be better than my old rickety mariner
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Hi wh 48 i also responded on your other post I am definitly in the RAZ corner. I don't think i could do my BP any other way independently with out my RAz sp . I will try to answer any questions you have about Raz based on my experience.

Comment

Have u looked at nuprodx
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

No experience with Raz. I have an Activeaid 624ss that I've been happy with. It's sturdy and durable except for the wheel bearings that rusted and I replaced with a stainless steel version. I'm C7 and do my bowel care in the chair.

Comment

im gonna look into that raz i think its gonna be the best one and active aid

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
            Have u looked at nuprodx
            didnt look like there was much access to do bowels ill look again

Comment

u can do the opening wherever u need it
              Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
              didnt look like there was much access to do bowels ill look again
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com
              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                u can do the opening wherever u need it
                the self rear wheel drive one i saw looks like it has a bar in the front that would be in the way

https://www.nuprodx.com/product/mc4220/

they all seem to have that but definitley look sturdy

Comment

That bar would be a deal killer. My travel chair has one. Activeaid has none. Depending on the devices I was using at the time, I've tried front, side, and back openings. Currently, using no stim and a Lubricant Launcher, the back opening works best. C7 with some (weak) hand function.

Comment

I love my Active Aid! I’ve had mine for years. Made in Minnesota and excellent customer service.

Comment

Raz with the pressure-relief seat. Hard to beat, especially if you lack trunk stability.
                      T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
                        Raz with the pressure-relief seat. Hard to beat, especially if you lack trunk stability.
                        Are you referring to the Visco-Foam seat or something more custom? How much pressure relief does it provide for someone that had a flap surgery and is therefore a little more susceptible than he should be? My OT suggested that I use a custom made Roho cushion instead, but I hate the idea of transferring on and off of it, and I can only imagine it wouldn't be cheap.
                        C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Working...
                        X