VMI Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Called the Chrysler dealership to get a replaPacifica sure drives nice though and hope the ESS warning light bs is over with.
    If you turn the ESS off when you start up the Pacifica does it run fine?

Comment

TPMS = tire pressure monitoring system.
      TPMS has the sensor in the valve stem. Not sure if Slim will foul it. Fix-a-Flat makes a TPMS compatible product (or so it says on front of can). Not had to use my large can of it yet. I keep it under console tray.

Hmm, I thought hybrids were the only ESS vehicles. Guess I'm behind the times. Old school mind tells me too many bells = more clappers to fail (clapper = thing hanging inside a bell).
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

I did a little looking after what you told me on ytube. There is a few fixes fixes for other vehicle just need to find a forum for it. I would think there is a switch under dash by the brake arm. If you press the brake to far after it stops moving then the van shuts off. Some people ease up before complete stop to stop engine from shutting off. There has to be a switch by the brake arm. I bet it would be nice if it was only a switch for that but probably does something else to. If just a single switch just for stop and start easy fix. I found out the car battery is different for that stop and start system which cost about 3 times a normal car battery. I'll keep looking for a permit fix for that bullshit stuff. Also did not know about you have to have the transfer seat all the way up or it rings till you go all forward which I always did anyway. My 2012 does not have that bullshit either. You no that will mess up even when the base is all the way forward and drive you nuts buzzing. Just more useless bullshit to go wrong. Surprised they did not make the engine no start unless you was all the way forward or stop running when you put it in gear if not all forward. That could cause a accident but am sure they look at doing that. They making to much techno crap that's not needed is all these days. Would be nice if the switch you turn off would stay off, but everytime you start your engine you have to press it again. Switch won't last long doing that all the time. People have pressed the switch then press a piece of plastic like a old credit card to keep the switch down. Bad part about that is you can't use remote start on some vehicle after that simple fix.
        Art

Comment

I'm not about to unplug anything other than the transfer base fuse to stop the chime if not pulled all the way to the front. I think the problem with the ESS was perhaps the two batteries needed to synch up or something. I agree Art, a person would think it'd be wear and tear on the starter. Hate to think what that'd cost.

I used the supplied tire service kit Sunday after picking up a bolt in the front tire. The low tire light came on so that's cool it has that. The pump is driven off the 12vlt system in the van with the motor running. Trustfully that caused the charging system to synch up cause next time I started it, the light was off and still off. But usually took around 100 miles between it going on.

Called the Chrysler dealership to get a replacement sealant bottle that is part of the kit. $104.00 for just the sealant. So gonna look online to see if I can get it cheaper. The parts guy said just to go to Napa and get the green slime for 40 bucks. Think i'll stick with the what came with the van though as it was really easy to use and no mess whatsoever

Pacifica sure drives nice though and hope the ESS warning light bs is over with.
          Bad thing about using that stuff is when you have the tire fixed is a mess and you pay more for them to clean up that mess
          also. Believe me it is a mess to clean up as I have done it for a lady that used it. What a mess.
          Art

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
            If you turn the ESS off when you start up the Pacifica does it run fine?
            At times the light still came on. Uually when put in Reverse or drive. So far so good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
              Bad thing about using that stuff is when you have the tire fixed is a mess and you pay more for them to clean up that mess
              also. Believe me it is a mess to clean up as I have done it for a lady that used it. What a mess.
              I hear you Art. They must have a fix for the sealant or they wouldn't be taking away the spare tire. May be why it costs so much at Chrysler. 104 dollars for the replacement bottle. Can't find just the sealant for sale anywhere on the net. Lots of complete units for sale and around 50 bucks for the same model number with sealant. I have to admit it was pretty easy to do by myself. If happens too much, will buy a spare and put in back cargo.

Comment

I just read on the forum that it takes 3 days to fix that stop start thing as you have to redo alot of stuff and it takes so many hours for it to work right. Bet it is a 30 minute fix but takes 3 days till you can drive it again. Sota like a windows update that takes forever.
                Art

Comment

I would want a spare myself. You have a side wall failure fix a flat wont do a thing. You can buy fix a flat on amazon or at most parts store for about 20 bucks that is senor safe. Just don't wait forever to fix is the problem. Two other things I hate is abs and the tire senors. If you grew up without these things you really see how useless they really are. ABS almost cause me a accident on a snow and icy road. If I not grown up without it I would have hit a car head on. Lucky I had enough sense to let go of the brake to let it come out of the for wheel lock it was in then lightly held the brake and drove out of it. I really hate ABS.
                  Art

Comment

They don't care. They just want you to buy there stuff and a spare tire. Fix a flat is great in a pinch. Just fix it after you use it. Not 6 months later. lol
                    Art

Comment

At times the light still came on. Uually when put in Reverse or drive. So far so good with it.
                      Interesting. Hopefully it will keep working without any lights coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                        It seems like nobody likes it. If I get a Pacifica I will probably do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWaayKz2klA
                        Looks like a good fix. I would just tape up the connector in case you need it later on. Were you plug it in and on the plug both.
                        Art

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
                          Looks like a good fix. I would just tape up the connector in case you need it later on. Were you plug it in and on the plug both.
                          Definitely would tape it up. This video is from a guy who did it on a Jeep Cherokee. He shows the diagnostics after unplugging it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJ_J-o-drc

Comment

Patrick,

Did you get the ESS fixed yet? My 2019 Pacifica with 400 miles has an ESS issue, along with Auto Park disabled error.

Comment

Originally posted by micah_d View Post
                              Patrick,

Did you get the ESS fixed yet? My 2019 Pacifica with 400 miles has an ESS issue, along with Auto Park disabled error.
                              What type of conversion do you have? I don't like hearing about these problems when I am looking at a Pacifica for my next vehicle,

Comment

Micah seems to be working okay so far. Last time the light was on I had a flat in the meantime. I used the tire service kit provided which entailed using the pump plugged into the 12vt. accessory plug in. I think that made the two battery management system finally merged together or something. Haven't had the problem in 200 miles so far. Before, it was like every 100 miles or so. I was told on my earlier visit to Chrysler to charge the battery when the light came on; which I did. The light went off but started up again around 100 miles after. Last time I charged it, it didn't go off so made an appointment. Had the flat, used the pump and light went off and no problems since..... I hope.

A replacement sealant cannister cost 104 dollars. The parts guy gave me a break and got it for 78 bucks. Still ridiculous but the tire repair guy said if we use the wrong kind of sealant, like slime, they may not be able to repair the tire due to the slime. Didn't want to take the chance so bought what Mopar had in the van. If happens again, I will buy a spare and put in back. I have to admit it was easy to seal and be back on the road by myself.

Hack, I'm still satisfied with the Pacifica. Not sure if Toyota or Honda are having issues too.

Comment

Working...
                                X