Pacifica and hand controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Does Braun have a battery backup system just in case the main battery dies?
    Forgive me for my ignorance, but what purpose is the battery backup?

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
      VMI conversions have a backup battery that allows you to deploy and retract the ramp if your main battery dies. My wife and I had to use this function on our trip to NOLA in June.

Comment

Does Braun have a spare tire like VMI?

Comment

Depends on the vehicle. I know with the Pacifica there is an optional spare tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
            Depends on the vehicle. I know with the Pacifica there is an optional spare tire.
            I had to use mine for the first time in 5 years yesterday. It was a life saver for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
              none of the vans come with a back up battery.

its added as a accessory but isn't done much on mini vans due to much of the system being tied into the factory computers.

when the main battery is dead the door and ramp isn't going to work, but if you had someone that could reach into the van and start it off the secondary batter you would be good to go.

the idea was for your lift to be powered of a different battery so if you left your lights on and killed the main battery you could still get into the van and in many cases still be able to start the van.
              Jim, MA, MMET
              Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                VMI conversions have a backup battery that allows you to deploy and retract the ramp if your main battery dies. My wife and I had to use this function on our trip to NOLA in June.
                the vmi northstar conversions have sure deploy, a system that can run the ramp only off a very small battery.

its best to only run the system in this mode with the van running.

the system is a emergency back up system bypassing all of the computers hopefully making it so you can open and close the ramp.

when using sure deploy you need to be very carful, you can easily damage your ramp and or other stuff while using it.
                Jim, MA, MMET
                Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
                  .its best to only run the system in this mode with the van running.
                  The VMI battery backup (deploy) system is to be used if your main battery dies. You shouldn't be using it if your van is running.

Comment

Decided to go with Pacifica Touring L + from ROLLX. Other then a couple random concerns on here couldn't find significant issues out there. The Pacifica is so much better setup from driving from a chair than any vehicle I have had. Positioning is so much better with more headroom and the steering wheel that extends. Power steering feels more like reduced effort. Hopefully reliability will not be an issue. Love the safety features also.

Comment

Originally posted by miltongm09 View Post
                      Decided to go with Pacifica Touring L + from ROLLX. Other then a couple random concerns on here couldn't find significant issues out there. The Pacifica is so much better setup from driving from a chair than any vehicle I have had. Positioning is so much better with more headroom and the steering wheel that extends. Power steering feels more like reduced effort. Hopefully reliability will not be an issue. Love the safety features also.
                      Congrats! I think I am going with a VMI Pacifica. My 2014 VMI Sienna has done great.

Comment

Congrats Milton. The more I drive my Pacifica the more I like it. Only downfall I don't like is the need to bring the transfer base all the way forward or the bells ring. It makes that I need to not only adjust the back angle but also the length using the seat adjustment. Takes a bit longer to transfer but other than that, all okay. Need to take it in Thursday for the stop/start light on.

HAckensack, are you going with the 10" drop floor or 13". Being VMI, I assume it'll be infloor.

Comment

HAckensack, are you going with the 10" drop floor or 13". Being VMI, I assume it'll be infloor.
                          It will be the in floor 13'' drop. I'm going with what my current Sienna has.

Comment

Patrick,

If the setup is still similar and you have a B&D seat, you need to find out where the fuses are located for the 6way seat. For mine there was only 2 fuses, different amps and don't remember sizes either 5&10 or 10&20 something like that. One fuse is only for that damn bell. Pull a fuse, and if the seat still moves, you pulled the correct one, if not rinse and repeat.

In my '16 Sienna, they hid the fuses in the bottom panel of the center console, down where it met the floor.

There was no way I could live with that thing, I keep the van running while transferring because in 100 degree heat, it doesn't take long for it to get uncomfortable in there, and the "override" button is a pain too. I harangued the tech who put in the seat real hard before he gave up this info, and he wouldn't do it due to legal reasons, so I had my brother do the crawling around for me.

Silence is golden.

edit: if I remember right, the fuse panel has other fuses too, as this is the Braun added panel. They were by themselves or something, sorry my memory is fuzzy.
                            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

thanks McDuff, will try and see where those fuses are. Also don't like I can't make minute adjustments to the transfer bases while the motor is running.

Comment

thanks McDuff, will try and see where those fuses are. Also don't like I can't make minute adjustments to the transfer bases while the motor is running.
                                What? Do you mean you have to shut down to adjust the 6-way? My B&D (full size van) which I bought last summer allows me to move the seat and does not have those bells of which you speak. There are other things I do not like but it's good on those two.
                                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X