Pacifica and hand controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I had a ROLLX conversion from 1996-2001. All I remember is having to replace the exhaust all the time from scrapping over things. The VMI definitely modifies the suspension. I liked the way the Braun conversion drove but their ground clearance isn't as good as the VMI.
    I'm a bit surprised by that. Prior to my current Braun Pacifica, I had a Braun Sienna. It bottomed out on EVERYTHING! Like you, I had to replace my exhaust system on a few occasions. My Pacifica is so much better in that regard. As a matter of fact, I can't recall it scraping since I've owned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
      We have a 2009 RollX and would be hard pressed to purchase a RollX again. We had to buy multiple sets of tires (at around 25-30,000miles) during the lifetime of the vehicle....that was our first clue that something was wrong and had the suspension tightened up but still many problems. It all came to a head when we were heading out of town and experienced a total failure of the rear suspension. Luckily, we were going at a slow speed close to home when it happened and not in the middle of nowhere going 70+ with a powerchair on board.

Was it a one off? A bad egg? Don't know. It was a really scary experience and we are currently looking at a Pacifica too....most likely VMI.

sounds like yours was better than some of the ones we have seen.

we've seen the rear suspension fall apart in less than 8k mi and vans you can't align.

I've also seen vans that would eat the front tires in less than 6k miles.

its pretty sad if your first stop on a test drive should be to a good (usually hard to find one) alignment shop and see if the van is even able to be within factory specifications.
      Jim, MA, MMET
      Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
        sounds like yours was better than some of the ones we have seen.

we've seen the rear suspension fall apart in less than 8k mi and vans you can't align.

I've also seen vans that would eat the front tires in less than 6k miles.

its pretty sad if your first stop on a test drive should be to a good (usually hard to find one) alignment shop and see if the van is even able to be within factory specifications.

Are you referring to ROLLX vans? Would be very interested to know.
        Last edited by miltongm09; 08-05-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miltongm09 View Post
          Are you referring to ROLLX vans? Would be very interested to know.

yes.
          Jim, MA, MMET
          Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Originally posted by landrover View Post
            I'm a bit surprised by that. Prior to my current Braun Pacifica, I had a Braun Sienna. It bottomed out on EVERYTHING! Like you, I had to replace my exhaust system on a few occasions. My Pacifica is so much better in that regard. As a matter of fact, I can't recall it scraping since I've owned it.
            I guess the only way to test the ground clearance on the VMI and Braun conversions is to test drive them both. I will be doing so very soon.

Comment

I bought the VMI Pacifica because it was the only one that allows me to move the front passenger chair to the driver's slot so that I can take a break from driving on longer trips. I have to EZ locks of course. One for each seat location. I bought the in-floor ramp, but it's noisy as hell; I wish I got the fold out ramp.
              T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
                I bought the VMI Pacifica because it was the only one that allows me to move the front passenger chair to the driver's slot so that I can take a break from driving on longer trips. I have to EZ locks of course. One for each seat location. I bought the in-floor ramp, but it's noisy as hell; I wish I got the fold out ramp.
                We can move passenger to drivers for our ROLLX also. No noise from in floor either after 7 years. I am concerned about comments earlier about ROLLX though. It would be so nice to know how Braun, ROLLX and VMI compare mechanically, etc. I have a friend who is going through a nightmare with VMI right now. I owned a braun and said I would never go back. A repair guy for Braun told me to stay away. Frustrating as I am making a purchase soon.

Comment

Originally posted by miltongm09 View Post
                  We can move passenger to drivers for our ROLLX also. No noise from in floor either after 7 years. I am concerned about comments earlier about ROLLX though. It would be so nice to know how Braun, ROLLX and VMI compare mechanically, etc. I have a friend who is going through a nightmare with VMI right now. I owned a braun and said I would never go back. A repair guy for Braun told me to stay away. Frustrating as I am making a purchase soon.
                  I am the second owner of a 2002 Rollx Grand Caravan with 160,000 miles on it. 10" drop, 5" clearance, fold out, fantastic 6 way transfer seats, and no rattle. It drives fine. Maybe something has changed.
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Regarding Rollx.....I think the suspension problem has to do with the make of the vehicle. It seems they do not do anything with the existing suspension. Is it possible that Honda has a wimpie suspension compared to a Dodge/Chrysler or is a non-Dodge/Chrysler not work well for their modification process? I've noticed that they have completely dropped Toyota, Honda and Volkwagon and only carry Dodge/Chrysler.

Comment

what kind of conversion do you have on your pacifica
                      to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
                        what kind of conversion do you have on your pacifica
                        Braun XT.

Comment

Braun XT.
                          thanks do you have the 14 inch drop floor

Comment

The XT Is the lower of the two drop floors Pacifica has out. I think it's more like a 13" drop according to dealer I bought my 10" from.

As you know, they screwed up my order putting in an XT configuration rather than reg. Fold out ramp.. Make sure you stipulate, in writing, it's a 10" or 13" drop you want.

Comment

Does Braun have a battery backup system just in case the main battery dies?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                                The XT Is the lower of the two drop floors Pacifica has out. I think it's more like a 13" drop according to dealer I bought my 10" from.

As you know, they screwed up my order putting in an XT configuration rather than reg. Fold out ramp.. Make sure you stipulate, in writing, it's a 10" or 13" drop you want.
                                yes ill tell them ill try each to make sure glad you got yours straightened out pat

Comment

Working...
                                X