No announcement yet.

Get a free Google Mini hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google told me it was a payment issue. Guess it is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Stan View Post
      Google told me it was a payment issue. Guess it is not happening.
      They told my wife the same thing. She pointed out to them that there was a 0 balance showing and they didn't care.

Comment

I received mine.

Comment

Mine arrived today after completing the form 5 days ago. Thanks!

Last edited by rshadd; 08-14-2019, 03:42 PM.
          T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Comment

Just got an e-mail from the Christopher Reeve Foundation that this deal has been extended to August 23, so if you have not requested one yet, there is still time.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

For those that have received one, how long did it take, from filling out the webpage to having it in your hands ?

Comment

Mine was also canceled. I spent 2+ hours on the phone with google support, where they say they have no record of the promotion. I wound up emailing the Reece foundation, where someone is trying to straighten the whole thing out. In talking to google, it seems like demand was so high and the eligibility screening so minimal that they decided they were being defrauded and canceled a great many orders.

Comment

Mine was canceled as well (ordered on July 26th). I emailed googlenest@christopherreeve.org this morning and this was their response:

"We never intended for this process to be frustrating and truly wanted to bring these helpful devices to our community. It's really unfortunate a few non-community members tried to take advantage of the system even with the high-protection we put in place. However, we have now introduced many more preventative measures that should curb their activity and have taken steps to block them. I hope you will continue to support this partnership and share this opportunity with fellow members of the paralysis community. We want to make sure every device goes to people who will benefit from it.
                  Please clear your cache and resubmit to receive a new code"

They gave me another link to sign up again, so we'll see.

Comment

Basically, Google does not support this promotion. They don’t know anything about it and there is absolutely no internal support or awareness of this. They have no idea what is going on. If your order was one of the canceled order, they will ask for a promotion code. Even if you get a promotion code from Reeve foundation, they will deny it. This appears to be an issue at Google and there is no support.

Comment

Originally posted by annev308 View Post
                      Mine was also canceled. I spent 2+ hours on the phone with google support, where they say they have no record of the promotion. I wound up emailing the Reece foundation, where someone is trying to straighten the whole thing out. In talking to google, it seems like demand was so high and the eligibility screening so minimal that they decided they were being defrauded and canceled a great many orders.
                      That is GOOD! That is terrible!

Comment

Mine was canceled as well. At this point they will just suggest you contact the CR foundation. pretty sad that they have taken this long to figure things out to some degree and then the only thing they do is point you back to CRF as if Google is not involved and by implacation put it off on CRF They do not even point you to the googlenest@christopherreeve.org that a previous poster points out they used. I am betting it would be the better route to take.
                        Last edited by djrolling; 08-13-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I re-ordered. Got confirmation e-mail today with promo code (didn't see that in first order). Copy/pasted promo code into payment page even though it said "optional" and my balance was already shown as "0".
                          I used a different email address than previous order so that maybe they wouldn't think I was double dipping.
                          Says Aug 23-27 arrival.

It was 2 weeks after my first order that I noticed it was cancelled.
                          If yours was cancelled, try my above mentioned technique. Maybe it will work. We'll see.
                          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                          Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                            They gave me another link to sign up again, so we'll see.
                            What was the other link they gave you?

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                              What was the other link they gave you?
                              I thought it was something specific to my original order at first, but turns out it was just a link to the part of the site I ordered from the first time: https://googlenest.reevefoundation.org

So I went through the process again yesterday but haven't received any confirmation email that an order has been placed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                                I thought it was something specific to my original order at first, but turns out it was just a link to the part of the site I ordered from the first time: https://googlenest.reevefoundation.org

So I went through the process again yesterday but haven't received any confirmation email that an order has been placed.
                                Thanks for the link! I tried to redo mine and I keep getting a involved email notice. Whatever it isn't that important.

Comment

Working...
                                X