Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get a free Google Mini hub

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    So I had to give it the eligibility page an email address and then I got an email with a purchasing link about an hour later.

    Comment


      #17
      Didn't work from my iPhone either. Same as you describe. Worked from iMac desktop though.

      Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
      went to that page, asks questions whether you're eligible, clicked yes.. then just sends you back to the first page, asking if you're eligible again! Anyone else have any luck with it ?

      Cleared all my cookies. even did it on my android phone across the phone network same result !
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

      "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

      Comment


        #18
        Confirmed eligibility.
        Nothing popped up to ask for our address so I scrolled to the bottom of the page:

        "Thank you for supporting the Reeve Foundation's partnership with Google Nest to improve indepedence at home. Unfortunately todays free Google Home Minis have all been claimed, come back tomorrow to get yours! "
        womp womp

        Comment


          #19
          Thanks..
          some of us (obviously not me) read to the bottom of the page I guess those of us on the west coast have to get up early

          Thank you for supporting the Reeve Foundation's partnership with Google Nest to improve indepedence at home. Unfortunately todays free Google Home Minis have all been claimed, come back tomorrow to get yours!
          Originally posted by 2drwhofans View Post
          Confirmed eligibility.
          Nothing popped up to ask for our address so I scrolled to the bottom of the page:

          "Thank you for supporting the Reeve Foundation's partnership with Google Nest to improve indepedence at home. Unfortunately todays free Google Home Minis have all been claimed, come back tomorrow to get yours! "
          womp womp

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by landrover View Post
            It sounds like you may have paid for yours.
            NO, the invoice shows +$49, then below shows -$49 to sum a zero charge. I took the route i did because the Paypal link went into permanent "working, waiting" mode.

            It is interesting that they choose to process only a certain number of orders per day. I'm on the West coast but was fortunate to get and open the email from the Reeve Foundation about the time it came in. At least a lot of people are interested!

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Lavender lady View Post
              Google has admitted they listen in on these devices, and now they Wil have 100k disabled people to track. Yes these are great devices for many just be aware of them. Who is offering this great deal! To the Reeves foundation?
              Not sure what your point is...If you only knew how a simple device like a mini can add independence to a home of someone with in our community.

              Its paranoid thinking that scares off people that may not understand technology.

              We have one in each room and bathroom and garage.

              It allows me to turn on lights, change color and set moods, turn on and set thermostats from any room and amazing when I am sleeping and get cold and hot.

              I can turn on and off TV viewing like Netflix simply with my voice and did I mention I can set my alarm system with a google mini.

              If I need help I can even make a call with simple voice commands and not need a phone or cell phone close.

              For fun I can listen to any kind of music, podcast or even news for the day great when I cam getting dressed in the morning.

              Listen on Google we have nothing to hide!

              Oh wait there is a mute button that can be turned off and on...hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by RollPositive View Post
                Not sure what your point is...If you only knew how a simple device like a mini can add independence to a home of someone with in our community.

                Its paranoid thinking that scares off people that may not understand technology.

                We have one in each room and bathroom and garage.

                It allows me to turn on lights, change color and set moods, turn on and set thermostats from any room and amazing when I am sleeping and get cold and hot.

                I can turn on and off TV viewing like Netflix simply with my voice and did I mention I can set my alarm system with a google mini.

                If I need help I can even make a call with simple voice commands and not need a phone or cell phone close.

                For fun I can listen to any kind of music, podcast or even news for the day great when I cam getting dressed in the morning.

                Listen on Google we have nothing to hide!

                Oh wait there is a mute button that can be turned off and on...hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
                This is an excellent overview of the vast benefits such a small piece of technology can have for a disabled individual. Very happy about this initiative!

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by tarantella View Post
                  This is an excellent overview of the vast benefits such a small piece of technology can have for a disabled individual. Very happy about this initiative!

                  Ordered Thursday and got an email yesterday to confirm and place an order.

                  Mini will be here next week for free!

                  Great job Google!

                  [/URL]

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Thanks! Got one on the way.
                    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Oh well, when something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. 2 weeks after ordering Google mini, it hasn't arrived so I checked status. It showed my order was cancelled. i didn't cancel. As the one of the first one in this forum to get a confirmed order, this seems odd. Just another disappointment to add to the Mt Fuji size pile.

                      Update:
                      I reapplied, all went smoothly. We'll see what happens.
                      Last edited by Gearhead; 12 Aug 2019, 9:05 PM. Reason: update
                      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
                      Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
                        Oh well, when something sounds to good to be true, it usually is. 2 weeks after ordering Google mini, it hasn't arrived so I checked status. It showed my order was cancelled. i didn't cancel. As the one of the first one in this forum to get a confirmed order, this seems odd. Just another disappointment to add to the Mt Fuji size pile.

                        Update:
                        I reapplied, all went smoothly. We'll see what happens.
                        Same thing happened to me. Checked my order status and it said cancelled. I reached out to them and they said to contact the foundation and I said you were the one that cancelled it. Has anyone received theirs?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Mine was cancelled too.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Mike_Stan View Post
                            Mine was cancelled too.
                            Something smells fishy. I wonder did the foundation pay for them or did google donate them.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Mine arrived after 4 or 5 days. Works great

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Mike_Stan View Post
                                Mine was cancelled too.
                                Today is the last day of the offer. Yesterday I emailed the address at the Reeve Foundation shown for this promotion because we had a mix-up and lost the link to claim an approved device. They responded and the link and code offered completed the process. Try that if there is time.

                                Incidentally, the devices were all donated by Google.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X