Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using new Permobil App to upload wheel chair problems to dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using new Permobil App to upload wheel chair problems to dealer?

Permobil sales rep says there's a new Permobil App with new chair models that update data from your chair to their "cloud" every 12 hours. They made some kind of deal with AT&T. Supposedly it will tell your dealer what's wrong with your chair without them having to make a trip out to see what's wrong with it. Then they can just send a tech out with parts in one trip instead of two.

Sounds good in theory, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Does it require the Bluetooth option and/or ATT? I'm getting a new F3 in a few weeks w/o Bluetooth (I think).
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
      Does it require the Bluetooth option and/or ATT? I'm getting a new F3 in a few weeks w/o Bluetooth (I think).
      I don't know.

Comment

4 weeks, hoping for less, I'll have new chair. Intend on posting my review (or point of view) after I run it through the gauntlet.
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
        Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Here is the brochure for the Permobil Connect from the Permobil website - https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up...hure_Pages.pdf

Comment

Thanks, Tom, for the link to the brochure.

I'm old school. I just want a basic joystick with on/off, a few speed choices, battery indicator, and seat switch function box on a light weight arm rest I can lift up myself for transfers. Don't need a bunch of screens and junk hanging off my arm rest making it heavier. Not interested in average miles I went the last 30 days, weekly average of seat adjustments, or reminder to tilt back. Does anyone actually even use those?

However, it does sound useful to be able to upload a chair's problem to the dealer, and then have the dealer come out with the part. Useful in theory. . .but again, is anyone actually doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
              4 weeks, hoping for less, I'll have new chair. Intend on posting my review (or point of view) after I run it through the gauntlet.
              Really looking forward to your review as I'm headed in that direction as well.

Comment

Working...
              X