Fold out ramp hitting another car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
    On a somehow related subject: ditched the R350 diesel MB which I made a lift for my ZX1 in.
    Got a 2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country which doesn't favor a lift, so I ordered a $200 6' 33lb folding ramp (discountramps.com) which I'm happy to report, does the trick.
    We can even load it with the chair attached-cool!

I'm in process, making electronic throttle hand controls. I got a pedal position sensor/sender, but incredibly, Volvo is unable to apply the electrical plug &/or harness! Not available yet but they've used this plug since 2016 on all 2L fours! And, apparently, these cars don't make it into junkyards yet.
    Where does the ramp stowaway once your chair is in the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
      Reading McDuff's post on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.
      Well as much as I wanted a Pacifica I might stick with the Sienna. Are the 2019s having the same issues? Of course the 2020s are just coming out so there probably isn't that much info on it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
        Going to McDuff's suggestion on the Pacifica forum, it's happening to stock Pacificas. I wonder myself as this is the second one to happen in recent months for me.
        Maybe the harness swap was an upgrade and will solve it. Once known the system is working to keep the batteries charged, I would turn the ESS off and save my starter motor.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I sure hope so. My confidence in the new fangled autos and power assists is not too high right now. Good idea to turn it off. I don't like it anyway.

Comment

our new (2018) Volvo,we can start with cell phone!
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by swannyriver View Post
              Where does the ramp stowaway once your chair is in the car?
              folded, it's 9" thick and would just fit in the luggage area of this wagon, but with the chair loaded in the middle W/ZX-1 attached, we stand it on edge. On edge, the taper of the tailgate won't accommodate it so we fold over the smaller part of the rear seat. If the ZX1 wasn't under the chair, we could put the ramp down the middle and not fold a seat.
              If 33lbs is difficult, the hinges can be separated easily yielding two 16.5lb parts and, perhaps, alternate storage possibilities. There, you got me to think! Hmmm.
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                our new (2018) Volvo,we can start with cell phone!
                now that scary

Comment

Working...
                X