Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall the first time I had a critical word of Roho, the same suspects pounced on me. I know Tom has stood behind his Roho product. He has gone above the call of duty in helping people with them, me included. I have only good things to say about Tom. But that doesn't eliminate my objectivity of the product. I am here to help other SCI people not to pander to a company for help received. A good guy wouldn't expect that. It cheapens you to pander so. We all know Roho is a great company and makes great products. We all also know their achilles heel is puncture. Trying to paint the picture that punctures can be avoided if only you would be more careful is pandering to a fault. It cheapens you. Cut the shit. We all know the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
      "Adjust, adapt, revise" , Christopher Reeves

"What ever it takes", me

If you challenge yourself daily (AB or handicapped), you'll understand.

Pre SCI, a very active athletic and creative life style kept both my mind and body busy. When I damaged a piece of equipment or my body due to pushing the limits of it and/or myself,
      it was my fault that something failed. What could I do in the future to prevent another failure? I think this is the intended jest of this thread.

Examples; If a pet damages your ROHO, you have 2 options, get rid of pet or Roho.
      If you damage Roho due to your activities, you have 3 options. Stop doing the activity, get a different type cushion, or cover cushion to protect it (adjust, adapt, revise).
      What ever it takes to keep me active while protecting my cushion and chair.
      Well said. The level of commitment to limit your choices to only science-based conclusion would frustrate even the best scientist. Because the first thing a scientist states about his study is the scope, which is always limited. But real life presents unlimited challenges. People with SCIs know this best. We know that adapting/improvising is a key to a successful life for us. The irony is that even Roho acknowledges this. Only two people here don't. Are they so stubborn with their commitment to science based solution vs improvising or are they pandering? I don't know. But I do know it's ridiculous and demanding how they talk down to us who are out there finding ways to solve our problems to better live our lives rather than staying home being super safe and following their directions. SMH.
      Last edited by August West; 1 Jul 2019, 1:12 AM.

Comment

I think this thread has run it's course. I am closing it.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X