sponsored handcycle racer

pics wont post correctly
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.

Comment

Here's your pic rotated.

Found these on Amazon. But, I haven't tried them. https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Portable...gateway&sr=8-3
      Attached Files

Comment

I know it would be an add cost but what about taking out and doing French doors oh that loks like cement or stucco they have aluminum ramps

Comment

Originally posted by MrSporto View Post
          Here's your pic rotated.

Found these on Amazon. But, I haven't tried them. https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Portable...gateway&sr=8-3
          thank u can u fix this one to please. i'll check those out
          Attached Files
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
            I know it would be an add cost but what about taking out and doing French doors oh that loks like cement or stucco they have aluminum ramps
            just not a fan of french doors
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

This is a ramp I found online that I sectioned and screwed down on the sliding door.
              It was cheap like $30

All other outside doors (4) are paired french doors. The slider is more convenient so it's in the easiest entry spot.
              The company sells a bunch of these ramps which slide (laterally) into the next higher part so they can be pretty high) They are great for our purposes I'd say.
              I think I'll do this to the french doors in the breezeway. (which is where we keep our woodpile; it's a little difficult to pull the little red wagon over when it's loaded to spill!!)
              Attached Files
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

Comment

You would need a long ramp to go up that high. How about installing a false floor above the lanai to make it level with the house? I know a guy who did this with his sunken living room and it worked great. Without seeing the rest of the lanai, hard to tell if this would work for you.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  You would need a long ramp to go up that high. How about installing a false floor above the lanai to make it level with the house? I know a guy who did this with his sunken living room and it worked great. Without seeing the rest of the lanai, hard to tell if this would work for you.

(KLD)
                  i was thinking add pavers to raise floor up level. see lanai, may be easier just going through door to master.
                  Attached Files
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

I agree. I would raise the lanai floor, then just modify the screen door and add a ramp/planter combo on the grassy area.

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I lowered the door by lowering the concrete. Wasn't as big a job as it may seem. The more time consuming part is adding to both interior and exterior walls to fill the gap that is created when you lower the door. I still wasn't happy with it because casters get caught in the track. Easy enough to wheelie over. But that's not always possible when you're carrying something, especially a drink.

Went with French doors. Wasn't initially a fan of French doors either. Because you have to be in the doorway to reach the handle but you can't close the door when you're in the doorway. There are a couple options to get around that problem. Install a door handle near the hinge side of the door. Install a cord around the door handle.

All problems solved. No ramp. No Track. Easy to close. Now I am a fan of French doors.
                      Last edited by August West; 06-14-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I built a simple 1/4 inch plywood ramp for a very similar situation to get out my patio door. Mine is 1" lower than yours except into the house is another 1/2 inch that is managed by a bit of thump thump over the guides that hold the screen, then another bit over the guides that direct the patio door. The other simple fix if your ramp would need too much length is to put a chair sized platform outside the door, then a longer plywood ramp along your long wall. It is all about how much $ you want to spend, and when. My rather slip-shod ramp (3 ft) has served for 3 years. It ain't broke, so...

Comment

thx all. i think i will have pavers laid to raise the height. tetra in the mean time the platform is what im doing...............i did similiar for our condo, it was only an inch or so
                          Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
                          I built a simple 1/4 inch plywood ramp for a very similar situation to get out my patio door. Mine is 1" lower than yours except into the house is another 1/2 inch that is managed by a bit of thump thump over the guides that hold the screen, then another bit over the guides that direct the patio door. The other simple fix if your ramp would need too much length is to put a chair sized platform outside the door, then a longer plywood ramp along your long wall. It is all about how much $ you want to spend, and when. My rather slip-shod ramp (3 ft) has served for 3 years. It ain't broke, so...
                          Attached Files
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

I don't remember if I ordered from Discountramps.com or not, but here's a couple types I used.

For our patio door it's about a 2" drop and I just went with a shorty ramp, it's a kinda steep angle but works for me:
                            https://www.discountramps.com/angled...-plate/p/TAEP/

My best friend has a 4" dropoff from his patio to back deck and I bought this hard foam ramp to leave there, because it's not permanent and he can move it easily. It holds up better than I was worried, and isn't bad to roll on, a little mushier than a hard ramp but not bad:
                            https://www.discountramps.com/silver...-ramps/p/THFS/
                            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

thx mcd, but i want something i can easily navigate solo.
                              Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                              I don't remember if I ordered from Discountramps.com or not, but here's a couple types I used.

For our patio door it's about a 2" drop and I just went with a shorty ramp, it's a kinda steep angle but works for me:
                              https://www.discountramps.com/angled...-plate/p/TAEP/

My best friend has a 4" dropoff from his patio to back deck and I bought this hard foam ramp to leave there, because it's not permanent and he can move it easily. It holds up better than I was worried, and isn't bad to roll on, a little mushier than a hard ramp but not bad:
                              https://www.discountramps.com/silver...-ramps/p/THFS/
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X