Favorite Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Equipment

Just curious... other than the obvious things (wheelchair, catheters, etc) what?s one piece of equipment you can?t live without?

One for me would be my mat table by Dynatronics.

The Smart Drive MX1, has proven to be my most used and useful piece of equipment.

Comment

My handcycle attachment for my wheelchair

Comment

Jay Protector
        Sticks not crutches.

Comment

Originally posted by djrolling View Post
          My handcycle attachment for my wheelchair
          Do you have a picture or link to the one you use?

Comment

A work table with a vise on it.

Comment

Wrist splint.
              4xquad

Comment

DUH!! Wheelchair...........

But things that come to mind: workshop, drill press, mig welder, ZX-1 (still in review), my audio system & music, trumpet........
                Guess I'm personally co-dependant!

EDIT: did I mention my wife? But I don't consider her "equipment"!
                69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                NW NJ

Comment

The item I have used most in 40+ years as quad is a 36" stick with a hook on the end. It had a plastic sheath around wood. The only thing I can find similar now are wood and too short to be functional. The hook on the new ones are not as functional either. Got it from OT just after injury. Can't find anything just like it anymore. It has been repaired a few times. I have picked up, moved and reached more things with that than I can count. Extremely useful. As a side note, the coolest adaption I ever had was my wife making a stiffened strap for my infant son that was attached to his bib overalls so I could lift him on to my lap from the floor. He is grown now but I can't believe I did that and changed his diaper as a c5-6 quad.

Comment

I use the Stricker pictured here. John at Bike-on can tell you all about them and sell you one as well. I use mine every day

Originally posted by Nick047 View Post
                    Do you have a picture or link to the one you use?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a picture of the old one?

Originally posted by miltongm09 View Post
                      The item I have used most in 40+ years as quad is a 36" stick with a hook on the end. It had a plastic sheath around wood. The only thing I can find similar now are wood and too short to be functional. The hook on the new ones are not as functional either. Got it from OT just after injury. Can't find anything just like it anymore. It has been repaired a few times. I have picked up, moved and reached more things with that than I can count. Extremely useful. As a side note, the coolest adaption I ever had was my wife making a stiffened strap for my infant son that was attached to his bib overalls so I could lift him on to my lap from the floor. He is grown now but I can't believe I did that and changed his diaper as a c5-6 quad.

Comment

Originally posted by miltongm09 View Post
                        The item I have used most in 40+ years as quad is a 36" stick with a hook on the end. It had a plastic sheath around wood. The only thing I can find similar now are wood and too short to be functional. The hook on the new ones are not as functional either. Got it from OT just after injury. Can't find anything just like it anymore. It has been repaired a few times. I have picked up, moved and reached more things with that than I can count. Extremely useful.
                        So, the downsides of current offerings are:
                        • wood
                        • length
                        • hook style

As your preferred device has a wood core, presumably the objection to "wood" is the feel of the wood (sliver risk?). Could you "coat" a wooden one with something like shrink-wrap tubing (rubbery texture)?

Alternatively, mount the hook on a "plug" (i.e., in the sense of something used to plug a hole) that you could wedge into the end of an aluminum/plastic tube? Then, separate the sale of a "good hook" from the entire issue of how long the stick should be (or what material to use)...

Comment

i think my handcycle is the best thing i have out of everything
                          Last edited by wheelin 48; 7 Apr 2019, 8:11 PM.
                          to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Ossenberg carbon fiber folding forearm crutches with my magnet modification..

http:///forum/showthread.php?257138-...=1#post1850835

Comment

A strong grabber like this one. The cheaper ones don't hold much weight.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X