Hand Control Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick View Post
    I don?t know anyone who keeps a shot box BMW for so long...... unless they cannot afford another piece of shot one.
    You want to go there? Really?

You drive a used Monte Carlo that has to be at least 12 years old. Why do you think Andy sold it? Yet you post a picture of yourself in front of a Lamborghini. You're not fooling anyone. In fact, you're advertising that you're a pretentious douchebag. But then again, you are Andy's friend. LOL.
    Last edited by August West; 1 Mar 2019, 8:31 PM.

Comment

Last edited by nick; 1 Mar 2019, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
        Hey genius!
        You want to go there? Really?

You used a marker to cover your last name in the quote you posted to remain anonymous. But your last name is shown in the signature section.

Who does that? I know who. Edward Kavanaugh, super genius.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by nick; 1 Mar 2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Well, like I said to Andy, stop trolling me and I'm with you. Otherwise, take shit. Good riddance.

Comment

Always interesting when some dude with a hood-rat BMW trashes other's much newer, nicer cars because... BMW!!!

Even better when the condescending comparison is made between BMW!!! and someone's winter beater, lol.

August...you own a BMW!!!? No kidding, I would have never thought that, lol

Did someone say sloppy?
              Attached Files

Comment

Sloppy has to do with performance not reliability. Are you new to cars? You already brought up the reliability issue and I already conceded BMWs require more service and cost more to repair. That's when you got your panties in a bunch and started to cry like a snowflake thinking I was calling you too poor to buy a BMW. When in reality I was agreeing with you about their reliability. Now you come back with this dig like it's something new. Did you already forget? You're losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
                  Sloppy has to do with performance not reliability.
                  Ok, got 'ya. I must admit, it is hard to seriously discuss performance with someone rocking well over 100hp less than me in their totally awesome unpretentious ride whose sole existence outside of the scrapyard is due to the 'image' of the roundel on the hood. Kinda like when the stanced Honda Civic with the fart can and giant VTEC stickers on the side wants to do some 'performance' with me at the stoplight

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                    Let's see a photo or at least nail down the model, please. (Looking in Andy's garage, I see he must prefer to drive the import and not the Detroit Dog!)
                    I second this...let's see this magnificent example of BMW's craft, I'm somewhat curious myself.

Detroit Dog...hey, it's not "Imported from Detroit"...this one is Canadian with a heart from Mexico. No drunken Detroit ghetto dwellers building this one!

The Import...Funny thing is that is more American-made than "American" cars. Kind of overkill for a winter/work ride, but was getting sick of that Crown Vic turd.

Comment

There is only so much horsepower you need. After that, it's marketing specmanship. I understand there is a certain appeal for that too... for teenagers... "Dude, this car has XX HP, and YY displacement, and ZZ blah blah blah". Who the fuck cares anymore? What are you, 15? I drive the BMW 6 because it is one of only two cars that meet all of my requirements (listed in a previous post).

That's why I bought it. The reason I keep it is because it has zero play in it. It handles today just like it handled the first day I drove it. How long can you expect that from an American car (any American car)? That's what I mean by sloppy. I explained this before. I thought you were a car guy. Try to keep up.

Comment

Since you bring it up, here is the rating for the Monte Carlo from the same website. Is this why you dumped it on your unsuspecting friend? Did you even show him this? He seems to think he got the deal of the century. LOL.
                        Attached Files

Comment

There is only so much horsepower you need.

That's why I bought it. The reason I keep it is because it has zero play in it. It handles today just like it handled the first day I drove it. How long can you expect that from an American car (any American car)? That's what I mean by sloppy. I explained this before. I thought you were a car guy. Try to keep up.
                          I think I need 485HP, nice level of performance. Why does that anger you so?

And I dont think having non-worn out tie rod ends should be the benchmark for a vehicle. Unless that is the first car you owned with non-worn out suspension components?

And why do you keep crabbing on Ed's Monte SS? From what I hear, he is continuing to enjoy that thing for around 70K miles IIRC with only tires and brakes needing changing since I sold it to him. That 303HP V8 under the hood of that I am sure made those miles a barrel of fun as well. Nope, no victim there.

Comment

It doesn't anger me. I makes me laugh at you. You need 485 HP. But the 435 (or something like that) in the BMW 6 isn't enough. You sound like a pretentious fool throwing out specs and technical terminology yet missing the boat on the very basics of power - how those horses are geared and how they handle is way more important that the absolute number of HP. I know that and I'm not even a car guy.
                            Last edited by August West; 1 Mar 2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

It doesn't anger me. I makes me laugh at you. You need 485 HP. But the 435 (or something like that) in the BMW 6 isn't enough. You sound like a pretentious fool. How those horses are geared and how they handle is way more important that the absolute number. I know that and I'm not even a car guy.
                              I guess you gotta have one heck of a sense of humor then if you mistake 435 or something like that horsepower with the actual 362HP your performance car has. Quite a big difference in performance. And this is assuming you have the V8 model. If you really have the I6...man that would be embarrasing! I know you probably dont have the M6, as that thing would have barfed its rod bearings long ago in a show of German engineering.

Tell you what...with all the pontificating you are doing...I want to see a pic of this BMW!!! with a bunch of Swiffer Sweeper rods strapped around the interior. I am beginning to suspect the legitimacy of your claims

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                I guess you gotta have one heck of a sense of humor then if you mistake 435 or something like that horsepower with the actual 362HP your performance car has. Quite a big difference in performance. And this is assuming you have the V8 model. If you really have the I6...man that would be embarrasing! I know you probably dont have the M6, as that thing would have barfed its rod bearings long ago in a show of German engineering.

Tell you what...with all the pontificating you are doing...I want to see a pic of this BMW!!! with a bunch of Swiffer Sweeper rods strapped around the interior. I am beginning to suspect the legitimacy of your claims
                                OK, you're right about the BMW 6 HP. The car has 325 HP not 435 HP. So what? You can judge a car on specs. I'll judge a car on the road. Either way, we both have nice cars. Let's leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X