No announcement yet.

Best 2-Door Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That is a beautiful car. I heard somewhere that Lincoln is coming out with an Anniversary Edition that will have suicide doors. Hope it catches on.

Comment

Andy and Nick,
      I went with the lighter blue color on the Challenger and ended up just getting the SXT. As far as packages, I think I got the Plus Package, Convenience Package, Navigation, Sunroof, and upgraded sound option. I wish I had you guys with me because I am not a car guy. I am a GIRL but not even a car girl. I know enough to make the whole process confusing!

I like fast cars, but beyond V-8 or V-6 I really don?t know much about engines, tires, suspension, etc. That?s why I am giving up on my 2001 Eldorado. It only has 40K miles, but something would break and I would not have a clue how to fix it. Since it was old I would have to take it to the dealership to get the parts and it was just not cost effective to keep as my primary vehicle anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
        My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol

Another was a '64 Chevy Nova 2 door with beefed up 327 twin 4 barrel carbs.
        thats a nice ride pat clean machine totally cool
        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Thanks, finally had to sell it. the electrical was getting to be too much to take care of. There were over a dozen cellinoides(sp) to just run the top. Was fun car to drive though.

Comment

I drive a BMW M2 now. I find that looking for higher shoulder room in two doors helps make transfers easy (its on all specs).

I had an Audi S5 before and it worked great as well. In the lower price range, the Honda Accord coupe makes sense - although has been discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithR View Post
              I drive a BMW M2 now. I find that looking for higher shoulder room in two doors helps make transfers easy (its on all specs).

I had an Audi S5 before and it worked great as well. In the lower price range, the Honda Accord coupe makes sense - although has been discontinued.
              That's another thing I like about my BW645. It's got a arc-shaped top which gives extra clearance exactly where you need it.

Comment

Nobody plays around with a Mustang or Camaro?

I was tossing around the idea of a Mustang last fall, went and sat in one. The back seats are a little tight, but could work once you take your chair apart. Wouldn't have been my #1 go to vehicle for errands all day as I have a van for that, but going to work or out screwing around, heck yeah..

It was a lot easier than climbing in and out of my 4x4 Superduty everyday that was for sure.

Best 2-door car I had was a Lincoln Mark 8. The passenger seat would automatically move ahead when you pushed the backrest forward. Gave lots of room to put your chair in the back seat. Big wide doors, plus the 4.6 Mustang motor was pretty peppy!
                T8/9 (2-24-06)
                IOWA

Comment

Originally posted by RSieck View Post
                  Nobody plays around with a Mustang or Camaro?

I was tossing around the idea of a Mustang last fall, went and sat in one. The back seats are a little tight, but could work once you take your chair apart. Wouldn't have been my #1 go to vehicle for errands all day as I have a van for that, but going to work or out screwing around, heck yeah..
                  I found neither allowed my manual chair to fit in the trunk - really frustrating as I've always wanted a Mustang. Of course that's only important if you want people to join you.

Comment

Man, dont mention Mustangs. I had a bad experience with one. I passed by a car lot and the sales guy muscled me into a 4 door Mustang. When I said I never heard of a 4 door Mustang, he slammed my head into the hood and said "Just buy the stupid thing!". Not wishing to have a few more knots in my head, I did so. I did get some free hand controls thrown in, so maybe that was a good deal? Only trouble was it seemed the gas and brake were both stuck on the hand controls, so I sold that Mustang after a while as it was hard to drive

Comment

Can a non folder go in a Challenger trunk?

Comment

Speaking of Lincoln 4.6 motors.. my son and I put one in a 260Z shell. Crazy fun.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stsmark View Post
                          I never tried to. No idea here

Comment

Speaking of Lincoln 4.6 motors.. my son and I put one in a 260Z shell. Crazy fun.
                            4 valve motor?

Comment

I have a 2018 Scat Pack and my friends, & family are able to put my Ki Rogue in my trunk easily, with other items also. Small luggage, cooler, etc.
                              Before I had my Rogue, I rolled a TiLite ZR, with a significantly smaller footprint. I'm sure it'll be based on the actual size of the chair being put into a trunk. I also still have a '06 Monte Carlo, and the TiLite ZR could be pushed all the way against the back seats and numerous items placed inside after it. Not sure with the Rogue, as I've had the chair about 8 months before the Scat.
                              Last edited by nick; 9 Mar 2019, 7:48 AM.

Comment

Engine looks very familiar. LOL! (Oh how I miss mine so much, sold it one year after being paralyzed. Had +/- 13,000 on it)

You're building yourself a little rocket ship there, nice! Fun little grocery getter on the weekends. LOL
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X