Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 2-Door Vehicles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Andy and Nick,
    I hope I don?t drive you guys nuts with all my questions. First, let me say I am already jealous. I sat in the Red Eye and the Scat Pack and fell in love with both. Once I built out the Red Eye with all the options I wanted I quickly had a reality check and decided I better start with a basic model. Driving cars too fast for my own good is what got me in this jam in the first place. Lol! Also, I wanted full leather seats. If I understood correctly I could only get full leather in the V-6 model or in the Hell Cats. I am not sure if that is accurate or just my concerned family trying to steer me towards the V-6.

    So, to make a long story even longer, I ordered an STX with full leather. I have never owned a car with a V-6 before and I am a bit concerned I am going to miss the bigger engine. My thought is to start with the SXT and work out all the kinks before jumping into a Red Eye and learning it?s just too much car for me.

    I am am curious how you guys stow your chairs in the Challengers. Am I out of my mind thinking I can fit my chair behind the front passenger seat folded up with the wheels on?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      Andy and Nick,
      I hope I don?t drive you guys nuts with all my questions. First, let me say I am already jealous. I sat in the Red Eye and the Scat Pack and fell in love with both. Once I built out the Red Eye with all the options I wanted I quickly had a reality check and decided I better start with a basic model. Driving cars too fast for my own good is what got me in this jam in the first place. Lol! Also, I wanted full leather seats. If I understood correctly I could only get full leather in the V-6 model or in the Hell Cats. I am not sure if that is accurate or just my concerned family trying to steer me towards the V-6.

      So, to make a long story even longer, I ordered an STX with full leather. I have never owned a car with a V-6 before and I am a bit concerned I am going to miss the bigger engine. My thought is to start with the SXT and work out all the kinks before jumping into a Red Eye and learning it?s just too much car for me.

      I am am curious how you guys stow your chairs in the Challengers. Am I out of my mind thinking I can fit my chair behind the front passenger seat folded up with the wheels on?
      That V6 is like 300hp, and the 1st gear in that 8 speed is shockingly low, it will be quite peppy. So what color? Plus Package? Blacktop Package? HK 900 watt sound with 2 10" subs? And yeah, to get the non-alcantara stuff, it is V6 or Hellcat. Used to be you could get an SRT 6.4 with the leather, but the SRT went by the wayside and it is what it is now. V6 or jail time, lol.

      I have a non-folder chair. I can get the wheels and frame broken down scattered across the back seat well enough. It is easier though to just keep the wheels on the back seat and the frame on the front seat. I never had a folding chair, so I dont know how that might work or what is involved using one of those in a car

      Comment


        #18
        Mopar Or No Car!!

        Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
        Andy and Nick,
        I hope I don?t drive you guys nuts with all my questions. First, let me say I am already jealous. I sat in the Red Eye and the Scat Pack and fell in love with both. Once I built out the Red Eye with all the options I wanted I quickly had a reality check and decided I better start with a basic model. Driving cars too fast for my own good is what got me in this jam in the first place. Lol! Also, I wanted full leather seats. If I understood correctly I could only get full leather in the V-6 model or in the Hell Cats. I am not sure if that is accurate or just my concerned family trying to steer me towards the V-6.

        So, to make a long story even longer, I ordered an STX with full leather. I have never owned a car with a V-6 before and I am a bit concerned I am going to miss the bigger engine. My thought is to start with the SXT and work out all the kinks before jumping into a Red Eye and learning it?s just too much car for me.

        I am am curious how you guys stow your chairs in the Challengers. Am I out of my mind thinking I can fit my chair behind the front passenger seat folded up with the wheels on?
        Again congrats on the Challenger.... we wanna' know what color.
        Mine is F8 green...... barely see them around in that color.... anytime it's out, always getting complimented on its color and just all around bad-assery looking machine!
        It's a bitchin' ride!!

        Friend of mine has a Charger Hellcat..... it's a BEAST!! Another good friend purchased the SRT Durango.... after he saw my car and was hooked when I told him all that Dodge has to offer now (he has a large boat to tow.) I'll admit for a SUV it screams! But, the 48 mile, 6 days a week drive to work..... OUCH on fuel.
        Another guy in area has a TrackHawk, Demon, and Hellcat Charger also. Must be nice eh?

        I too do like Andy, use a rigid-frame and put my wheels in the back seat, I have towels placed on the seats, non-leather here.... it gets too hot. The frame is put into the front passenger seat, and then I pull the seatbelt across it everytime I drive. If a girl or just friends are coming along, I can easily get it in the backseat as well.

        Crazy8- I was also looking at the SXT model initially, talking with Andy about his Challenger, and he insisted I not waste money on 300hp, go check out 500hp... once I test drove a R/T Shaker, I was hooked! Except I didn't want to spend almost $52,000. So I took the Scat Pack they had instead.... less options, but so what! I didn't need all that senseless shet' on it.
        I actually have Andy's old Monte SS. 300hp, front wheel drive is interesting to say the lease. Again, super clean car and always have people who know the car, stopping and asking questions and how is it so clean..... I tell them thats the previous owner doings, pretty sure he rubbed it with a diaper nightly.

        I'd post a video of how I transfer into my Scat, but it's been put away for Winter..... hoping to awaken it in the next several weeks. Andy uses a transfer board, I don't however, I go for the gusto, and just strain my shoulders immensely.... just kidding... I don't need one. Strong upper body, spaghetti noodles for legs now.
        We have a pretty good cold weather clip coming in the next few days, if it can be tolerated by me, I'll post a video of my transfer to the SS?..... for now.... Cool?
        Last edited by nick; 1 Mar 2019, 8:04 AM.

        Comment


          #19
          i thought you could get a rt plus with the v8 and leather but could be wrong i know the leather is great for transfers and helps keep my pants up i have a monte carlo with leather
          to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

          Comment


            #20
            You used to be able to. Fake suede is progress, lol.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Andy View Post
              You used to be able to. Fake suede is progress, lol.
              so you cant get anything but cloth unless you get the hellcat or sxt correct
              to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

              Comment


                #22
                Back in the good ole days cars were so much more accessible. My 1st car out of rehab was a new 72 Ford LTD, 2 door, hardtop. It had a bench seat with vinyl upholstery, auto shift on column, very long doors allowing easy access to the back seat where I could easily stow my 50lb. E&J folder. As it stood on the ground the transfer from my chair was about even with my chair with a 4" foam cushion from the upholstery shop. I could easily slide across the bench seat with no obstructing console or floor shift. Today, if I had to give up my van I would be tempted to buy a high quality restoration of a 2 door Cadillac or Lincoln or something similar from that era that had a power seat and lots of amenities.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
                  so you cant get anything but cloth unless you get the hellcat or sxt correct
                  Pretty much...the leather/alcantara is alcantara center with leather bolsters which you can get in the R/T and Scat versions, but that is pretty much like cloth overall

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
                    Back in the good ole days cars were so much more accessible. My 1st car out of rehab was a new 72 Ford LTD, 2 door, hardtop. It had a bench seat with vinyl upholstery, auto shift on column, very long doors allowing easy access to the back seat where I could easily stow my 50lb. E&J folder. As it stood on the ground the transfer from my chair was about even with my chair with a 4" foam cushion from the upholstery shop. I could easily slide across the bench seat with no obstructing console or floor shift. Today, if I had to give up my van I would be tempted to buy a high quality restoration of a 2 door Cadillac or Lincoln or something similar from that era that had a power seat and lots of amenities.
                    I agree...cars were CARS back then!
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I'm assuming you use a folder because it was easier to get in and out of your car? Why not go to a rigid chair now? In my eyes it is much easier to deal with a rigid than a folding chair. I've never had a folder but, I sure wouldn't want one. Maybe borrow a rigid from someone or buy a cheap one on eBay and try it out. It'll change your life.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by jscrog View Post
                        I'm assuming you use a folder because it was easier to get in and out of your car? Why not go to a rigid chair now? In my eyes it is much easier to deal with a rigid than a folding chair. I've never had a folder but, I sure wouldn't want one. Maybe borrow a rigid from someone or buy a cheap one on eBay and try it out. It'll change your life.
                        If they made a car similar to the older cars I had, a nice folder like TiLite makes might make a lot of sense. I used to transfer to driver seat, slide sideways then fold split bench back of front seat and lift front wheels of folded chair into well of back seat, a fairly easy pull would bounce rear wheels into the well of rear seat. The cars were so big that even though I am 6 feet 2" I was able to leave the chair behind the driver seat and push the seat backward as needed for comfortable driving. Transferring, then dismantling a rigid chair,removing and stowing the wheels, then lifting the frame onto the passenger seat seems like a lot of unneeded shoulder stress. Doing this in rain and snow seems insane, especially if you then have to show up in a workplace in presentable fashion.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol

                          Another was a '64 Chevy Nova 2 door with beefed up 327 twin 4 barrel carbs.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 2 Mar 2019, 3:31 AM.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                            My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol

                            Another was a '64 Chevy Nova 2 door with beefed up 327 twin 4 barrel carbs.
                            The Lincoln Continental with suicide doors, my dream gimp car.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                              My favorite vintage I owned was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide rear doors. Was. so easy to transfer into with its 'wide doors and ease to pull the chair in the rear with the suicide doors. Was 18 1/2 feet long. Had three miles of wiring with many headaches running down a short. Got 6 miles to the gallon, if that.Lol
                              .
                              Oh man, that is like THE coolest car of the 60's. And the one you had is definitely a beauty

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Yep was a beaut and sure miss it still. Would have liked to find an early Nova convertible and throw in a big block.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X