car cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
    Not sure what the seat bolsters have to do with where you sit when you drive? The transfer onto the bolster when getting in your car is not long enough to do any damage. You'll be fine with a Roho on your seat.
    I agree, the bolsters on my seat are pretty high. I drive with a low-profile (two-inch) Roho... when I do forget to grab the cushion for the car, it's definitely a big difference in my transfer. Too lazy to go back inside for it, Ha!
    Little more difficult to get in/out for the transfer, when I'm not using the Roho. I'm T-10 level. It's way more comfy for driving also. I'm 6'2" and still have plenty of head room.

Comment

Airhawk motorcycle cushions are the same design as Roho (I think they were made by Roho at one point) and a lot cheaper. You can find 'em on eBay for $50. I have a few - on my handcycle, spare chair, and in the car for long trips.

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
        I agree, the bolsters on my seat are pretty high. I drive with a low-profile (two-inch) Roho... when I do forget to grab the cushion for the car, it's definitely a big difference in my transfer. Too lazy to go back inside for it, Ha!
        Little more difficult to get in/out for the transfer, when I'm not using the Roho. I'm T-10 level. It's way more comfy for driving also. I'm 6'2" and still have plenty of head room.
        Awesome, thanks! So what size ROHO did you purchase/use? I'm driving myself nuts right now trying to decide if I should get a cushion large enough to fit over the entire seat (covering the bolsters) or if I should get one just big enough to fit right between them. What would you do??
        No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Originally posted by Tufelhunden View Post
          Awesome, thanks! So what size ROHO did you purchase/use? I'm driving myself nuts right now trying to decide if I should get a cushion large enough to fit over the entire seat (covering the bolsters) or if I should get one just big enough to fit right between them. What would you do??
          When I do sit in mine, w/o cushion, my hips barely grab at the bolsters. I have my Roho sit between the bolsters and it fills the seat are front to back. It?s grossly under pressure but it works awesome. No red marks on skin ever and that?s after sitting for as long as 4-5 hour trips, one way. I travel a lot when the car isn?t being stored for weather.

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
            When I do sit in mine, w/o cushion, my hips barely grab at the bolsters. I have my Roho sit between the bolsters and it fills the seat are front to back. It?s grossly under pressure but it works awesome. No red marks on skin ever and that?s after sitting for as long as 4-5 hour trips, one way. I travel a lot when the car isn?t being stored for weather.
            Excellent, bro . I will go with your recommendation. I'll see if I can measure out a cushion which will "fill" the gap in between the bolsters. Once I get it in there, I'll be sure to come back here and post pictures and give a review just in case someone else hits this thread up in the future.
            No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Working...
            X