Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone changed out the chainring on a Stricker hand bike?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone changed out the chainring on a Stricker hand bike?

    The largest chainring on my Stricker Sport is worn out. I pulled the crank arm off and the chainring seems to be all one piece, all three made together but I do not see how it comes apart from the crank arm. I am wondering how to do that and also where I can get a replacement chainring set. So if you have done this or just know how to, let me know.

    I have the Stricker Sport

  • #2
    john fuentes he sell thems

    Comment


    • #3
      All worn out... How many miles you up too on it?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrSporto View Post
        All worn out... How many miles you up too on it?
        18639 miles so far. I purchased it used and do not know how many miles before me. I cycle every day and I use it as a mode of transportation anytime possible. I really don't like taking my chair apart and putting it together when I drive so I cycle a lot.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MrSporto View Post
          All worn out... How many miles you up too on it?
          The site you turned me on to where I purchased my attachment is no longer a website. How's it going? You getting to ride much?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by djrolling View Post
            18639 miles so far. I purchased it used and do not know how many miles before me. I cycle every day and I use it as a mode of transportation anytime possible. I really don't like taking my chair apart and putting it together when I drive so I cycle a lot.
            fastest is remove it and take to a bike shop to see what they have, or email me and i'll order a new set for you. love these strickers,. they are a very popular,. i cant keep them in stock.
            i just got a tetra lipo lomo to add to my arsenal. once weather breaks i'll add vids to my Quad Elite channel. slick little units for buzzing around town.
            here is the micro 16 in wheel version hooked up at the shop
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fuentejps; 01-13-2019, 10:28 AM.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, I may be contacting you. I hope to find a new chainring set with a 42T 38T 28T combination or something close to that. I never use the 14T chainring and I wish my biggest one were bigger.
              Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
              fastest is remove it and take to a bike shop to see what they have, or email me and i'll order a new set for you. love these strickers,. they are a very popular,. i cant keep them in stock.
              i just got a tetra lipo lomo to add to my arsenal. once weather breaks i'll add vids to my Quad Elite channel. slick little units for buzzing around town.
              here is the micro 16 in wheel version hooked up at the shop

              Comment


              • #8
                How fast does that Micro 16 go John?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have never wore one down this far. Cannot believe it still works on flat surface much less up some hills.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                    How fast does that Micro 16 go John?
                    up to 12 km/h
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      you should contact Stricker. I doubt they have anyone who has gone that many miles on their bikes. Well, may not be that good of an idea to contact them; they seem not like owners contacting them directly. I had a few questions directed to them and they go pretty snooty about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When I purchased mine used I had a guy over there help me with getting it shipped over here as the owner did not want to ship internationally. I wish he spoke English because while it worked out good enough it seems like a lot got lost in translation through Google translate. His name is Franz and he is a Stricker dealer and a real nice guy best I can tell. Someone on this site hooked me up with him.
                        I have already sent John a message. I know what you are saying though you would think they would want to know. As well as Quickie because that is the chair I attach it to. a GPV. Before I ever purchased one I tried to contact them but they never got back to me.

                        Hopefully, by April I will be up to 21000 as in April I will have had it three years. Using it as a mode of transportation really racks up the miles. I have an idea I will end up a little short of that and it will be the first year since I got the Stricker that I have not gotten a little over 7000 miles on it.

                        Hope things are going well for you Pat and that 2019 is a great year for all of us

                        Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                        you should contact Stricker. I doubt they have anyone who has gone that many miles on their bikes. Well, may not be that good of an idea to contact them; they seem not like owners contacting them directly. I had a few questions directed to them and they go pretty snooty about it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Looks like a square taper crank set with a 5 bolt BCD. Depending on your DIY-ability, you might be able to use this website to figure out the bolt spacing on the big ring and maybe find a replacement from a peda bike retailer (local or online): https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...e-diameter-bcd

                          Ring gears can be tricky to get apart, but I see Phillips head screws holding the rings on instead of rivets, so it should be serviceable. Best of luck!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi djrolling, yeh been riding as much as possible. I put down 867miles in 2018. I also picked up another Stricker last June, a used Ultra 24" with Tetra reverse brake and Quadgrips.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sweet.... I cannot say enough good about handcycling in general and these Strickers in general. Did you get it on eBay from Franz? Or off that classified ad site before it went away or somewhere else? Great pic looks like a good place to ride. what is a Tetra reverse brake?

                              Originally posted by MrSporto View Post
                              Hi djrolling, yeh been riding as much as possible. I put down 867miles in 2018. I also picked up another Stricker last June, a used Ultra 24" with Tetra reverse brake and Quadgrips.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X