No announcement yet.

Clinton River (iGlide Tailwind) out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What terrible news!!! I sure hope you have gotten everything squared away by now, but I've not been hearing anything good from Ian. Best of luck to you!!!

I have an original IGlide that is 14 years old and starting to have issues. It is and has been my only chair I've owned since my accident. I've had my batteries rebuilt, but I'm beginning to wonder if I have other issues starting to happen. There are times the batteries will keep a charge all day and other times I put a freshly charged battery in only to have the chair shut down shortly after turning it on. I'm hoping that maybe the battery was plugged in charging longer than necessary and it started to actually drain leaving me with a dead battery that I'm unaware of. With having rebuilt batteries my indicator lights on the batteries no longer work so I never know how much charge the batteries have.

Would love to find someone who could take my chair and rebuild it and the change the type of batteries.

Years ago after CRM took over making the chair I offered to be a spoke person. My husband and I do a great deal of traveling and know the product really well. They weren't interested. Maybe we could all ban together and get this chair or a better one back on the market!I

Just a thought......

Comment

Interested in that idea. I found out today they were done, but because of my iglide experience, which was my favorite chair until CR, I always worried about there longevity. Also, in my opinion the one thing this chair had on the iglide was the adjustability. Love this chair and I will need another if anyone is selling?

Comment

Originally posted by yojama95 View Post
        What terrible news!!! I sure hope you have gotten everything squared away by now, but I've not been hearing anything good from Ian. Best of luck to you!!!

I have an original IGlide that is 14 years old and starting to have issues. It is and has been my only chair I've owned since my accident. I've had my batteries rebuilt, but I'm beginning to wonder if I have other issues starting to happen. There are times the batteries will keep a charge all day and other times I put a freshly charged battery in only to have the chair shut down shortly after turning it on. I'm hoping that maybe the battery was plugged in charging longer than necessary and it started to actually drain leaving me with a dead battery that I'm unaware of. With having rebuilt batteries my indicator lights on the batteries no longer work so I never know how much charge the batteries have.

Would love to find someone who could take my chair and rebuild it and the change the type of batteries.

Years ago after CRM took over making the chair I offered to be a spoke person. My husband and I do a great deal of traveling and know the product really well. They weren't interested. Maybe we could all ban together and get this chair or a better one back on the market!I

Just a thought......
        I just saw your post from almost a year ago. I wish I had a good solution for the iglide replacement! I thout I'd write Dean Kamen (iBot technology) and beg

Comment

Sorry that you lost money on a Tailwind. I used one for 2 years, it was the most unreliable chair ever. Most of the parts that could ware out did. I'm glade they are not selling any more.
          I would recommend a Quickie Xtender with a lithium battery. It's reliable and when new the4 battery would last a good 4 days, now after over 2 years it last a good 3 days.

Comment

This could shut down a business--

11/5/19: https://caseygerry.com/injured-physi...hair-incident/

Comment

Working...
            X