Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VaPro Catheters by Hollister?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Fu, yesterday I tried to use a VaPro Plus catheter..... not the pocket type but the straight catheter. I had great difficulty trying to push the catheter beyond my sphincter and into my bladder. I only had about one or 2 inches left before I had the catheter in my bladder so it would drain but the catheter and sheath were so slippery I could not get a good grasp and advance the catheter the last couple of inches. I have a pretty good pinch between my thumb and index finger too.
    I will certainly try a few more times but do you have any tips for me? Thanks.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by smokey View Post
      Fu, yesterday I tried to use a VaPro Plus catheter..... not the pocket type but the straight catheter. I had great difficulty trying to push the catheter beyond my sphincter and into my bladder. I only had about one or 2 inches left before I had the catheter in my bladder so it would drain but the catheter and sheath were so slippery I could not get a good grasp and advance the catheter the last couple of inches. I have a pretty good pinch between my thumb and index finger too.
      I will certainly try a few more times but do you have any tips for me? Thanks.
      i use both quad clubs and push with my palms. try hanging the bag on something until u are more used to it so both hands are free. also be sure to push from close to your penis not up higher
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

      Comment


      • #18
        Gee Fu, I am still unable to advance the catheter the last one or 2 inches past the sphincter so the catheter will drain my bladder. The catheter and the plastic sheathing are simply too slippery to get a good grasp so I am unable to push the catheter passed my sphincter muscle. Anybody else have any ideas? It is such a great all in one catheter but I cannot seem to use it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Any suggestions anybody? I have a pretty good grip between my index finger and thumb but I still cannot grab the slippery catheter strongly enough to insert the last 2" into my bladder. It's such a nice compact "all in one" catheter system but useless to me if I cannot advance the catheter the last 2" past the sphincter and into my bladder.
          Last edited by smokey; 12-18-2018, 12:36 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by smokey View Post
            Any suggestions anybody? I have a pretty good grip between my index finger and thumb but I still cannot grab the slippery catheter strongly enough to insert the last 2" into my bladder. It's such a nice compact "all in one" catheter system but useless to me if I cannot advance the catheter the last 2" past the sphincter and into my bladder.
            are you sure your catheters are not dried out I have that problem when I get a bad catheter can you slide the plastic cover easily on the catheter

            Comment


            • #21
              yah if not stored properly they dry out. theres arrows on the box showing proper orientation to lay them down.
              Originally posted by Eds View Post
              are you sure your catheters are not dried out I have that problem when I get a bad catheter can you slide the plastic cover easily on the catheter
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com
              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
              sponsored handcycle racer

              Comment


              • #22
                I tried the Hollister Advance Plus Pocket Intermittent Catheter that uses a gel instead of a hydrophyllic solution. Same deal....I just can't get the catheter beyond my prostate or sphincter or the last 2". I use a more rigid PVC catheter and there is no problem advancing it all the way into my bladder. I just can't seem to find an "all in one" cath kit with a rigid catheter that will do the job.

                http://www.hollister.com/en/products...atheter-System

                Comment

                Working...
                X