Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: anyone running 25"(559) knobbly tires/tyres 25"x 2.10 (54-559) Kenda Nevegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: anyone running 25"(559) knobbly tires/tyres 25"x 2.10 (54-559) Kenda Nevegal

Looking for someone who is running the knobbly wheelchair tires(non marking)

The Kenda ones are sized as 25"x 2.10 (54-559) https://www.dmehub.net/25-x-2-10-56-...tag-111731.htm

If you're running something similar but same size 25"x 2.10 (54-559) that's cool.

After a favor.... would you please measure the outer tire diameter when the tire is full inflated to the nearest 1/8"
    oh and on a standard 1" 25mm wheelchair rim.

Thank you.. great help.

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
    Looking for someone who is running the knobbly wheelchair tires(non marking)

The Kenda ones are sized as 25"x 2.10 (54-559) https://www.dmehub.net/25-x-2-10-56-...tag-111731.htm

If you're running something similar but same size 25"x 2.10 (54-559) that's cool.

After a favor.... would you please measure the outer tire diameter when the tire is full inflated to the nearest 1/8"
    oh and on a standard 1" 25mm wheelchair rim.

Thank you.. great help.

I had the same question once, when I used to use them. Call Kenda, they will tell you the exact O.D.

Comment

Cheers I'll give them a try if I don't hear from anyone.
      Were you putting them on regular 1"(25mm) wide wheelchair rims ?
      Do you remember how accurate the measurement was that Kenda gave you ?

Originally posted by giles88 View Post
      I had the same question once, when I used to use them. Call Kenda, they will tell you the exact O.D.

Comment

Kenda not looking likely...
        First technical bike tire guy had no clue.
        Their wheelchair gal, is apparently just a voice in the voice mail system

Comment

I don't have knobbies on at present but ran them in the past, first time I used wide tires a looong time ago, in a galaxy far away I have always used the skinny standard rims with every tire559 I use. I will get a measurement for ya, bearing in mind the tires are worn...
          25.25 inches The knobbies will be about 3/8ths more if you air them up tight.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Cheers.
            Just to clarify, were they the Kenda knobblies ?

So total diameter fully inflated.. would be 25 1/4 + 3/8 = 25 5/8
            thanks.

Originally posted by CapnGimp View Post
            I don't have knobbies on at present but ran them in the past, first time I used wide tires a looong time ago, in a galaxy far away I have always used the skinny standard rims with every tire559 I use. I will get a measurement for ya, bearing in mind the tires are worn...
            25.25 inches The knobbies will be about 3/8ths more if you air them up tight.

Comment

Kenda not looking likely...
              First technical bike tire guy had no clue.
              Their wheelchair gal, is apparently just a voice in the voice mail system
              Don't know what to tell you, they were very helpful with me. If you explain to them what you are doing, they should give you the info.

Comment

I have those tires on a 24" rim, I can try to get a measurement tonight and you could add 1", if you still need it.

Comment

Sure.. thank you.
                  That would be
                  24"x 2.10(54-540) ?

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                  I have those tires on a 24" rim, I can try to get a measurement tonight and you could add 1", if you still need it.

Comment

Sure.. thank you.
                    That would be
                    24"x 2.10(54-540) ?
                    Yes they are 54-540 and are 25 5/8" in diameter with about 60-80 psi in them. That's on a 24" Spinergy LX wheel.

Comment

Thanks
                      for getting me the info

Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                      Yes they are 54-540 and are 25 5/8" in diameter with about 60-80 psi in them. That's on a 24" Spinergy LX wheel.

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm rolling with a Schwalbe Balloon bike tire, the Big Apple.
                        https://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_t...ires/big_apple

Not a knobby but I don't find that an issue.
                        They used to be available in gray but the last couple of pairs I've gotten have been black.
                        They don't leave marks on my wood floors.

size is 55-559 (26" x 2.15)
                        outer diameter is 26-5/8"
                        Doh!

Comment

What air pressure do you use Jeff in those big apples? The bike store put them on my recumbent and I think he said to run 20psi for sand and traction and comfort since it has no suspension.
                          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I inflate them to about 58 psi (sidewall says 30 - 55 psi) and run them until they get 'squishy' and squeaky which is usually about 25 psi.
                            Rolling resistance seems to go up dramatically below about 25 psi.

Even at 55 psi they absorb a lot of bumps.
                            Doh!

Comment

Working...
                            X