Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried these wood push rims?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone tried these wood push rims?

    Made by Lingnorim, a company in Austria
    https://www.lignorim.com/

    A bit of info in English here
    https://www.tarallanesindustries.com...-wood-pushrims


  • #2
    Those are actually really interesting, but they look totally incongruous with the general style of pretty much every modern wheelchair.

    its like putting wooden rims on a modern car, the rest of which is aluminum or plastic and painted... it just looks weird.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm intrigued by how they are manufactured. Making a perfect and balanced circle our of wood can't be easy.

      Maybe a dark stain would help if the contrast is not aesthetically pleasing.
      Last edited by gjnl; 10-19-2018, 11:01 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I can hear the Terminix guy now: /'What? You got termites in your wheelchair handrims?" lol

        Comment


        • #5
          I like them. Wood and leather are 2 of my favorite materials.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

          "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

          "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

          Comment


          • #6
            In one week those things would be so filthy they would look a mottled black.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by brian View Post
              Made by Lingnorim, a company in Austria
              https://www.lignorim.com/

              A bit of info in English here
              https://www.tarallanesindustries.com...-wood-pushrims

              The Spinergy guy told me these were very popular in Europe. I'm interested in getting a pair, thanks for posting the link to the supplier in Canada.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by giles88 View Post
                The Spinergy guy told me these were very popular in Europe. I'm interested in getting a pair, thanks for posting the link to the supplier in Canada.
                If you get these it would be great if you would review them on here especially once you have had and used them for say at least 6 months or so

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by djrolling View Post
                  If you get these it would be great if you would review them on here especially once you have had and used them for say at least 6 months or so
                  Yup will do, need more info on them first though.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X