DME pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stating the bleedin' obvious I know.
    But this seems like a huge scam being driven by the insurance companies.

They charge you a crazy premium for insurance.
    You need to make a claim for a new window... they go out of their way to show you the paper work of how they covered your new window, which they are being billed $1000 for so you have have to make a co -pay of (for arguements sake) 5% so $50.
    Then in the background out of your sight... they've negotiated a deal with the window company where they pay $45 for a new window.
    You go to the window company and ask for a cash price and they quote you $65.
    Meanwhile they increase their dividends on their stock.

All we really need is transparent pricing.... like in the old days how their would be cash price for gas and a credit card price.. so you could see directly how much using your credit card was really costing you, before all this money back, points bollocks.

Originally posted by automation View Post
    This is distressing. As a teenager, my vehicle was vandalized (side window broken to gain entry). I called local glass company looking to get the window replaced, ASAP (winter in New England is not the time of year you want to be driving around with an open window!).

The nice young lady wanted to know if I had glass coverage. "I don't know (I surely don't want to run around chasing down an insurance policy before I can arrange to have my window CLOSED!)"

She wouldn't give me a price. Exasperated, I finally said, "Which is cheaper: with or without insurance coverage?"

"Without."

"Great! Then I don't have coverage. Now, how much is it going to cost me?"

There needs to be an TENTH circle of Hell for these folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
      My independent DME just got bought up by National Seating and Mobility about 6 months ago.
      Sincerely I am so sorry!
      I miss our independent DME SOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly! Get Demo pick chair within a few weeks chair delivered!!! Longest ever waited was for Bounder H-Frames, but they sent e-mail pictures of those being built and get approval of switch boxes placement along the way.

Same with national company that bought independent lift shop. Old Tech fix problem day you got appointment. If needed parts they most always had in stock.
      Now it takes weeks get appointment, charge large amounts for lift come out same as went in and even if parts are in stock you get charged for shipping costs.

I was very lucky that members of this forum gave me instructions on fixing it or more than likely still be broken down.

Comment

So far they still have all the same people yet. Even the original owner still runs it. But for how long? Of course they raised there price to 140 a hour.
        Was 100 a hour before National bought it.
        Art

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
          So far they still have all the same people yet. Even the original owner still runs it. But for how long? Of course they raised there price to 140 a hour.
          Was 100 a hour before National bought it.
          The one that took over our old DME here had the original Tech staff about 6 months and owner was a Manager for little less than a year.

Comment

So, these "buy ups" beg the question:
            Are "independents" selling out because they are "struggling" (can't make ends meet)?
            or
            Are the chains offering very lucrative "deals" to the owners?

Comment

Originally posted by automation View Post
              So, these "buy ups" beg the question:
              Are "independents" selling out because they are "struggling" (can't make ends meet)?
              or
              Are the chains offering very lucrative "deals" to the owners?
              I have no idea. But it would be interesting to know because amount of DMEs were decreasing already and many only dealt with regular powerchairs, no rehab.
              There ar 2 DME's in our rural area but as far as mobility equipment dealt with are scooters and regular powerchairs besides regular manual chairs plus rollators.
              I do know the last chairs our old DME provided to Mama and I he said that he had recently changed to a new Billing Company. They had billed for coverage amount of regular powerchair(Is that what they call a Group 2?) instead of rehab chairs. They ask us to let doctor and clinic know about it that new paperwork was needed.

Comment

Working...
              X