Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice vicky, did u get tuned up??
    Originally posted by vjls View Post
    I don/t nor acces to 1 I measure waist thigh I have lost 4 inches around waist 2 inches above knee I can look at my body know I have thru my clothes also.

I ride my bike about 4 to 8 miles a day weather permitting today I rode problaby 14 miles and I kinda sort follow the fast diet
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I'm using a Marsden hoist scale and get varying results, same process each time, weigh sling and clothes, turn on and check it is zero then hook up to sling, hoist check I am not touching anything and deduct weight of sling/clothes. I do one weighing getting hoisted into chair, do an FES bike session, no food or drink, another weighing going back onto the bed and then changed and weighed going back to chair (allowing for different clothes. I get 3 different weights occasionally kilos apart. Had scales replaced but it still varies. How accurate are anyone elses?

Comment

Originally posted by mrb View Post
        i'm using a marsden hoist scale and get varying results, same process each time, weigh sling and clothes, turn on and check it is zero then hook up to sling, hoist check i am not touching anything and deduct weight of sling/clothes. I do one weighing getting hoisted into chair, do an fes bike session, no food or drink, another weighing going back onto the bed and then changed and weighed going back to chair (allowing for different clothes. I get 3 different weights occasionally kilos apart. Had scales replaced but it still varies. How accurate are anyone elses?
        mine $40 hoist scale is spot on everytime. I weigh naked and same time every saturday morning. We do it twice. Have you checked calibration??
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          lower it down all the way then connect straps, then turn it on and lift. like i mentioned above, calibrate first and check it every so often. i can get a pic of my setup
          also weigh your sling this same way so you can subtract, mine weighs 2lb exactly
          I would appreciate a pic. So no tension on the scale, get strapped in, turn it on and lift till dangling freely? How long do have to get dangling freely?

Comment

dangle until u stabilize and scale stops bouncing. i bring mine down to chest height then hook straps then power on.
            Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
            I would appreciate a pic. So no tension on the scale, get strapped in, turn it on and lift till dangling freely? How long do have to get dangling freely?
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

dangle until u stabilize and scale stops bouncing. i bring mine down to chest height then hook straps then power on.
              Thanks I will give it a try

Comment

mine $40 hoist scale is spot on everytime. I weigh naked and same time every saturday morning. We do it twice. Have you checked calibration??
                Yeah, all checked, contacted maker and they don't know why. $500+ set of scales luckily I didn't pay for them.

Comment

The Crane hanging scale does not have functionality to "calibrate" the scale against a known weight or to zero it out after determining your sling etc.

There are three buttons, on/off, tare, and choice of unit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrb View Post
                    Yeah, all checked, contacted maker and they don't know why. $500+ set of scales luckily I didn't pay for them.
                    wow 500 is crazy. maybe purchase one from amazon, the hanging scale. consistency is important when dieting, 3 different readings would drive me nutz,. when you check with say a 5 lb weight does it give different readings too??
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com

Comment

Got my scale installed today.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice. I just connect to c clamp on scale.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Do you leave it on all the time?

What brand of ceiling lift do you have? Your hardware looks a bit different than mine, which is surehands.

Comment

Originally posted by crags View Post
                            Do you leave it on all the time?

What brand of ceiling lift do you have? Your hardware looks a bit different than mine, which is surehands.
                            It will stay on all the time. It is Surehands. I stopped using the body support system and purchased a spreader bar to use with a sling.

Comment

did you check to make sure its calibrated weighing correctly
                              Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                              It will stay on all the time. It is Surehands. I stopped using the body support system and purchased a spreader bar to use with a sling.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

did you check to make sure its calibrated weighing correctly
                                We just got it hooked up. We will have to read up on calibrating it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X