Roho Agility back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roho Agility back

I am currently trying a Roho Agility Deep backrest, and I'm not quite sure where best to position. It is a 20" height.

Originally posted by landrover View Post
    I am currently trying a Roho Agility Deep backrest, and I'm not quite sure where best to position. It is a 20" height.
    Could you flesh out your question a little bit? I'm not certain what you are asking.

I use the Roho Agility Medium Depth backrest on a Permobil m3000.

Comment

Height wise. Too low and I don't feel like I'm getting enough upper body support, and if higher, wondering if the lateral supports are providing enough pelvic support.

Is it a matter of personal preference?

Comment

Height wise. Too low and I don't feel like I'm getting enough upper body support, and if higher, wondering if the lateral supports are providing enough pelvic support.

Is it a matter of personal preference?
        This might help: https://permobilus.com/wp-content/up...ual-011218.pdf

Comment

Too low and you won't get enough support. But you know that. More subtle problem is it being too high. You may not notice a problem right away. But it may limit your range of motion which can lead to problems over time like shoulder and neck pain.

Comment

I just went through this - i moved my Carbon back down 1/2" each day until i figured out what was too low. When it was too low, I would slip forward on wheelies, etc. Too high and it was hard to reach for stuff that normally was easy, so test your arm mobility if possible.

Comment

Thanks all. I had read the Permobil manual, but thank you for providing it as well!

If I lower it anymore (which I think would be preferable, the bottom of the backrest would actually fall below/behind my Roho seat cushion.

Comment

Thanks all. I had read the Permobil manual, but thank you for providing it as well!

If I lower it anymore (which I think would be preferable, the bottom of the backrest would actually fall below/behind my Roho seat cushion.
                My Roho Agility Mid Contour Back is mounted about 3 inches above the rigid seat pan on my Permobil M300, which puts the bottom of the foam on the back about even with the top of my Roho Contour Select cushion. I have a very long torso, at 6'3" (6'4" before accident).

Comment

I'm tall as well, 6'4". I'm wondering if an 18" back may be better? I do not like the back to hit too high, but if I lower anymore, I'm afraid the bottom of the backrest will be below the seat cushion height.

Also wondering how snug the lateral support should be. I am trying an 18" wide, and I feel like I'm crammed into the supports.

Comment

To first get in the ball park, I set up my backrest so that the top of my backrest is level with my spinal cord injury. Then, I start either adjusting it up or down incrementally until I find what is most comfortable.

Comment

I'm tall as well, 6'4". I'm wondering if an 18" back may be better? I do not like the back to hit too high, but if I lower anymore, I'm afraid the bottom of the backrest will be below the seat cushion height.

Also wondering how snug the lateral support should be. I am trying an 18" wide, and I feel like I'm crammed into the supports.
                      I had similar problems when I tried a demo of the Agility Deep Contour Back. I am a C6/7 complete and it was nice to have the lateral/trunk support, but in the end, I decided on the Mid Contour because I didn't like the restrictions on my shoulder and arm movements That said, I'd love to have the Deep Contour support while I am riding in my van. But, I gave up some support for the freedom of movement.

I have the 16 wide by 20 high back. I'm a tall, thin body type. I would suppose someone built more robust than I am would find the 16 wide quite tight.

Comment

Does the mid provide a lot less support then the deep. More compared to the standard corpus back?

Comment

Does the mid provide a lot less support then the deep. More compared to the standard corpus back?
                          I suppose "a lot less support" is relative to your injury level, and as I said, there are certain circumstances that I would like the support of a deeper contour. I don't know for sure, but I don't think the standard corpus has much lateral/trunk support at all.

Comment

I was using the lateral supports with the corpus back. I'm torn over my preference.

Comment

The issue with using the Max Contour Agility back on a Corpus 3G system is that the appropriate Agility width will be 2" greater than the appropriate Corpus back pan width. The wider the back width, the wider the arm bar spacing. The wider the arm bar spacing the greater the width of the chair and the greater the chances that location of the joystick and armpads will be less than optimal.

It has worked for some of my vets, but I typically try using the Corpus wedges or Permobil laterals with a 2" wider back cushion first. The wider back cushion increases the degree of contour provided by the Corpus back. It works effectively on 85-90% of the Permobils I prescribe.

Comment

Working...
                              X