No announcement yet.

Kuschall employs formula 1 to perfect 'world's lightest wheelchair'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuschall no longer available through Invacare in the US.

Forget about my "insightful" analysis posted above. Invacare has decided to stop selling Kuschall's in the US. They haven't announced it yet, but a well-placed source within the company informed me of their decision a couple of days ago. They are not even fulfilling existing quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by fasdude View Post
      Unless something better revolutionizes the market, the Motion Composites Apex will be my next chair. I like everything about it: adjustability, appearance, light and they are near me.
      i wanted the apex myself but its not compatible w/ d's so that killed it for me
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
        Forget about my "insightful" analysis posted above. Invacare has decided to stop selling Kuschall's in the US. They haven't announced it yet, but a well-placed source within the company informed me of their decision a couple of days ago. They are not even fulfilling existing quotes.
        HowIrollsports is still carrying Kuschall: https://howirollsports.com/product-c...y-wheelchairs/ Are you saying that it won't be soon?

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
          Learned about this yesterday. Don't know any of the behind-the-scenes reasons for Kuschall being pulled.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

It's sad, because they make a damn fine chair with some really innovative options. Less choices is never a good thing.

Comment

It may be that they don't want to jump through all of the very expensive hoops to get newer models FDA approved as "medical devices". Most insurances in the USA require such certification and they cannot be sold as a wheelchair (medical device) without it.

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
              X