No announcement yet.

TiLite Build Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was all impressed that my wife's chair was going to be custom made to her specific measurements. I happily accepted the long wait because of it. However, after it came and I had to work on it a couple times I've realized that except for the bent tube that runs under the seat and down the legs, the entire chair is a collection of shelf items.

I happen to work at a weld shop. There are automated CNC tube benders that would poop out those custom shapes to the tune of 6-8 pair an hour.

Why their business model makes disabled people wait forever, is beyond me,... but when her chair starts showing wear, I'm going to seek other vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by Other Bruce View Post
      I was all impressed that my wife's chair was going to be custom made to her specific measurements. I happily accepted the long wait because of it. However, after it came and I had to work on it a couple times I've realized that except for the bent tube that runs under the seat and down the legs, the entire chair is a collection of shelf items.

I happen to work at a weld shop. There are automated CNC tube benders that would poop out those custom shapes to the tune of 6-8 pair an hour.

Why their business model makes disabled people wait forever, is beyond me,... but when her chair starts showing wear, I'm going to seek other vendors.
      Waiting 10 days doesn't seem that bad to me to custom bend and weld the frame and slap on all the extras.

But I guess my vision is clouded by waiting 6 months last time and two years this time fighting with the DME to actually place the order with TiLite.

Comment

Originally posted by Other Bruce View Post
        Interesting. Not my area of expertise but you'd think that TiLite would happily retire their team of benders for a machine if it could produce the same result.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
          Two years? What the hell? How is that even possible?
          You're really right. It's very funny. I could not stand it anyway

Comment

After the debacle of just getting the order in, we waited ?6 week's.
            She did accute care in Boston and they assured us the order was in and it would be delivered to Craig in Denver.... But after waiting for it, we learned it had not been ordered.
            When it finally came she was able to join the routine classes.... The first one we went to was "how to go down stairs by yourself " Not understanding why, she turned to me and said "This is bullshit."
            She however, is now prepared to be in a burning building.

Comment

Working...
            X