Interesting ZR Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting ZR Customization

I was scrolling through ebay and came across this listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/tilite-whee...IAAOSwri5bjYZD

I've never seen this before, other than looks, what is the purpose of the change?

Looks like it was an early custom. In the early days of Tilite, they would do custom stuff like this all the time with little or no up charge.

Comment

Originally posted by rockbybay View Post
      other than looks, what is the purpose of the change?
      I'd wager the person who ordered this chair used it more as a mobile seat rather than a wheelchair. The lack of a footplate suggests it was foot-propelled. Likely a stroke victim or single-leg amputee. I could be wrong.

Nice bends tho... I hope it finds a good home. I see too many people in need of such a simple solution in the most terrible contraptions, usually unbeknownst to that person struggling to get by with what a medical professional has deemed adequate.

Comment

I would speculate, that the original owner/user was tall and wanted a low seat height. Those legs have to go forward or get tucked back. (notice short seat upholstery, so calves don't rub) It looks like it had a footplate and it got worn off.

Comment

Working...
        X