Hole in my Roho Quatro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in my Roho Quatro

I have a very tiny hole in my Roho. I have been trying to locate the super tiny hole with absolutely no luck. It?s submerged in my bathtub currently. I?m T-10 so I?m able to do this. I?ve been at it for 25 minutes now.
    Tag on cushion says it?s from 7-13-17. What?s the warranty on these things? I have another cushion that?s exactly the same kind and it too has a hole that won?t make any air bubbles in water, but loses air in the back, rightside area of the cushion. Date on that one is 9-14-16
    Thanks
    Ed.

I'd contact ROHO, they're a good company to work with. I think your cushion might still be covered under warrenty. When you blow them up to look for leaks you have to pressure them up more than what you'd fill with use. I think you might do better with a soapy water solution in a spray bottle, rather than dipping, that's what I used to do when I used them and developed leaks.

Comment

That’s what I have done. I was finally able to locate the hole after I posted this. It was on the edge of an area already patched. This cushion has a few patches already and I just took delivery with my new chair 1 year and a few days ago. They’re all concentrated to one area of the cushion also. I almost always wear only sweatpants so I know it’s not the clothes I have been wearing.
      Thanks for your reply.
      The soap spray is a excellent tip. I did that as a kid for my bicycle tubes, pre sci.

Comment

RustyJames is a great resource for fixing SCI things!

Comment

Thank you August, that is sincerely appreciated.

Comment

Thank you for your help. I have my van door working better now. I finally found a good source for the door motor. It's an International Harvester fan motor. There are many sources. Here is one.

https://www.sears.com/aftermarket-ca...SPM13769570724

Comment

Ed, give me a call tomorrow and we'll get you squared away using our warranty program.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
              Permobil Seating and Positioning / ROHO Inc.
              tom.borcherding@permobil.com

Comment

Thank you Tom. I?ll call in the morning.

August.... I agree Rusty is very beneficial around here.

Thanks again guys for your responses.

Eddie

Originally posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
                Ed, give me a call tomorrow and we'll get you squared away using our warranty program.

Thank you,

Tom Borcherding
                Permobil Seating and Positioning / ROHO Inc.
                tom.borcherding@permobil.com

Comment

Just wanted to give praise to how GREAT ROHO is with any issue with their products!
                  Just get number off cushion, call their Support and explain your problem. They have always been great with quick, kind, fast and fair to take care of problems!

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post
                    Thank you for your help. I have my van door working better now. I finally found a good source for the door motor. It's an International Harvester fan motor. There are many sources. Here is one.

I think you can get that motor a lot cheaper, have you scoured ebay? Sears shipping prices are outrageous from my one one experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by August West View Post

That motor is used all over the place, even John Deere. Here's a link that give you even more parts numbers to work with:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rotor-Fan-S...EAAOSwqVdavND7

Comment

I haven't ordered any of these parts yet. If I do I have to wonder if the third party ones are really equivalent to the Ricon brand motor. The Ricon brand motor has much higher current rating. Even if the motors are made in the same factory, they could be made with different specifications and standards. Maybe the third party ones are fine for light duty (like standard doors on personal vans) and the Ricon ones are necessary only for heavy duty (like larger doors on commercial buses).

Comment

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Comment

Sorry for hijacking the thread too, but we might as well finish it out. I bought a aftermarket seat motor for peanuts and it works fine. And that's the motor that slides the seat back and forth, with my weight in it. Opening and closing a sliding van door is equivalent to next to nothing as far as load. You have to remember, Ricon doesn't manufacture motors, same with Braun and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjames View Post
                              Sorry for hijacking the thread too, but we might as well finish it out. I bought a aftermarket seat motor for peanuts and it works fine. And that's the motor that slides the seat back and forth, with my weight in it. Opening and closing a sliding van door is equivalent to next to nothing as far as load. You have to remember, Ricon doesn't manufacture motors, same with Braun and others.
                              I don?t care about thread hijacking. These forums are for help. So hijack away. Who cares if of the thread topic..... I?m learning about another issue and how to correct it. This is great.
                              Cheers to all of you for giving me the answers I?ve looked for.

Comment

Working...
                              X