minivan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    how hard is the ramp to climb in a manual chair im t10 complete any input appreciated
    I'm a C7/8 incomplete. I had a van for the first year after I was injured. Going up with the van in kneel mode was OK. But going down was another story.

I had an experience where I put the ramp down on a surface that wasn't level (i.e. so the slope of the ramp was higher than normal) + the surface was rough. Bad combination. Everything looked fine at the top of the ramp, but the slope was just a bit too much. I tried to slow up, my wheels slid down the ramp, the castors caught the rough pavement below, and I went forward with my chair on top. I sold the van shortly after. So if you get the van, be very cautious of the conditions when you're getting out.

Comment

I would say go down the ramp forwards in a wheelie. Backwards is an accident waiting to happen.
      Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
        I know I am going off topic here, but I am startled by your rough estimate of a converted mini van. I searched the top of the line, 2019 Honda Odyssey Elite on TruCar. The Elite has Navigation, video, premium sound system, leather interiors, all the bells and whistles. TruCar lists the MSRP sticker price at $47,965. Can the wheelchair conversion, top of the line actually cost $62,000?
        We were startled by it also GJ. The conversion, Transfer base with hand controls. The transfer base was close to 9 or 10 grand, hand controls were around 3500(I think) and around 42grand (VMI) in floor plus tax all adds up.
        He was offering the Pacifica with 25,000 at full price without any discount for mileage. Wife couldn't get out of there fast enough. Trucar gives the basic full price, Conversion dealers offer at top of full price.

Comment

Dear wheelin 48 - - have you considered NOT using a ramp? I'm also a t-10 (for 30 years) and i have had three minivans. I remove the rear seat (on the drivers side) transfer into the van and then pull the chair in. I rest all of my body weight on the door frame which gives me a good/sturdy position to pull the chair up.

Comment

the other person insurance doesnt want to pay to deliver it and the place is an hour away i think imjust gonna have them rent me a car
            thanks for all yalls input
            to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

I was just quoted for a Pacifica Ltd S model. Sorry it’s confusing but the formatting did not cross over. Pricing is in descending order to the list above.

YEAR : 2018
              MAKE and Model: CHRYSLER PACIFICA S MODEL
              Vin#: 2C4RC1EG6JR236489
              CHRYSLER PACIFICA S MODEL
              BRAUN IN FLOOR RAMPVAN CONVERSION
              POWER IN FLOOR RAMP
              POWER SLIDING DOOR
              POWER KNEELING SYSTEM
              WHEELCHAIR RESTAINTS
              REMOTE ENTRY

DESCRIPTION
              RIGHT SIDE GUIDO ELECTRONIC PUSH PULL HAND CONTROLL INSTALLED
              B&D DRIVER SIDE TRANSFER SEAT INSTALLED
              DOC FEE
              SMOG FEE
              LICENSE AND REGISTRATION
              SALES TAX
              On Delivery
              PAYMENT TERMS
              UNIT PRICE

Total
              $ 87,715.25

Comment

I have a Braun Pacifica, and really like it. Very roomy interior and the most headroom of any mini I’ve had.

Comment

Working...
                X