No announcement yet.

Dialing in chair fit- Frame length and angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, a "make it right" policy doesn't extend to making the frame again, when it was what was ordered. I'm stuck with the chair. Damn. It's 14.5 inches off the ground! I'm used to 18!! I had NO idea she asked for 14.5. I thought it was 15.5 as opposed to being told mine was 17" in back. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. They're trying to rectify it and make it work by ordering parts to make up for it. I'm so pissed and bummed.
    Last edited by heartdog; 09-01-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Kinda figured that would happen after replacing the first one. I'm sorry that this has been such a struggle.

Piggy backing on your question about ergo seating, is it possible to correct a pelvic tilt with an ergo framed seat? Not going to get any good or reliable answers from the people available to me locally. is Invacare the only chair to offer the ergo seating? Top End Crossfire?
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Yeah, hopefully they can go back to the first frame, and tweak it to work. At least it didn't look like a kid's chair. What can I do differently next time?? How can I know exactly what I need if every chair has some deficit and I can't figure it out? Should I have gone to an OT?

Comment

Here in Ontario, Canada - one can't order a chair with an OT involved. Since I worked - it's not a covered cost. So $80-125/hr out of pocket for me.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Physical therapist?

Every time I get fitted for a new 'chair I have the DME and a physical therapist with me to make sure I am fitted right. It is also required by my insurance company a PT be present when being fitted before they even give the ok to have the 'chair ordered. Of all the 'chairs I had over the years I have had nothing like what I am seeing in this thread.

I have seen so many 'chairs that people are sitting in and they are just oversized and improperly fitted. A fitted 'chair should fit like a fine pair Italian leather gloves. It should feel like the 'chair is molded specifically for your body. You should have correct posture and feel very comfortable in your 'chair.

Talk to some of the other guys here at CareCure who are much more educated than I about getting a proper fit and what to do about your own individual situation.

Ti.
            "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

I was told to stop doing research and seeking advice on forums, because it won't help to get me what I need, because there's always going to be another option or suggestion. I'm confused at this point, that's why I am seeking opinions from people who've been there, and know what works. I can tell looking at myself that it doesn't fit me. I think the only chair that's ever fit me well was a demo I bought. It was too long, but I scrunched up the sling seat a bit, and it was perfect. Ironically, she went off the measurements for that chair, too! I basically wanted that chair duplicated, but just an inch higher footrest. But since I was sitting in my Ti ZR, I explained what didn't work with that. So, being a little bit too tall, translated to going to 14 inches in back. 3" less. We were both guessing! I should have gone to an OT after the first frame. I'm too trusting. Though that would have to have gone through authorization, and take a long time. I do have a kick ass caseworker fortunately. Just met last year. She can move mountains I think, and can tell this is a mess.

Comment

I'll send a message to Stephen F ... he sells for bike-on or did (?) and IMO, is an expert on chair fit. Paralyzed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by heartdog View Post
                  I was told to stop doing research and seeking advice on forums, because it won't help to get me what I need, because there's always going to be another option or suggestion....
                  Translation is they do not want to hear from an informed customer.
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
                  X