Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilite wheelchair front wheels help me

I bought this wheelchair a month ago.

as shown in the photo, one of its front wheels is about 0,5mm off the ground.

A mechanic came and tried to repair, but couldn't fix it.

I have asked some friends around and found out it is common

https://youtu.be/w88n_rJL1xs

↑↑↑
    I followed the troubleshooting instructions as in the video but failed.

Please give me advice as to what I am supposed to do to keep the wheel in touch with the ground.
    Attached Files
    from south korea
    i'm a good man

it could be the frame is twist which i hope its not, but have you tried releasing the footplate? some times if you have the footplate in at slightly different levels it can pull the frame in, also looking at your chair looks like you can angle the front forks? it could be as easy as that if you can, good luck let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by rAdGie View Post
      it could be the frame is twist which i hope its not, but have you tried releasing the footplate? some times if you have the footplate in at slightly different levels it can pull the frame in, also looking at your chair looks like you can angle the front forks? it could be as easy as that if you can, good luck let us know how you get on.
      The footplate has been repaired but cannot be resolved. T__T
      from south korea
      i'm a good man

Comment

Can't the fork be twisted in? It is is adjustable. Also, both wheels are it the middle hole, right? And have you swapped the wheels to see if one is larger than the other?
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Probably won't work, but can front wheels be switched, including the frame that the wheel itself is attached to (can't remember name of it at present). Also what about placing a spacer in the wheel housing? Or checking to see if that threaded stem is properly seated?
          Beautiful chair by the way, and the shoes - nice fashion statement!

Comment

Have someone loosen the footplate, while you're sitting in the chair, then re-tighten it. That can take up a little slack, but that looks like a TR, which shouldn't have much give in the down-tubes, at all. That looks like a brand-new chair. If it is I'd seriously consider a warranty claim for a defective frame. We need 4 wheels on the ground.
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks, Crappler, "fork" is the word I was looking for when I had my Senior Moment! I didn't see your post listed when I did mine.

Comment

Just put .5mm of washers around the fork stem and call it a day.

Comment

not in a brand new chair i wouldnt ... would you?
                  Originally posted by Brad09 View Post
                  Just put .5mm of washers around the fork stem and call it a day.

Comment

Exactly. No way I'd accept this out of the factory, or rig a fix.
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Send it back. It could be something wrong with the rear wheel mounting.
                      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Looking at the second photo, to me the gap looks to be more like 5mm than 0.5mm. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan View Post
                          Looking at the second photo, to me the gap looks to be more like 5mm than 0.5mm. Just saying...
                          that occurred to me also.
                          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                          NW NJ

Comment

My ZR has the same issue. Nobody would fix it, the back and forth just dragged on. It causes extreme flutter, and it sucks.

Comment

Under certain circumstances yes, because I've done it. I had to send my last TR3 frame back once to fix a screw up. After I finally got the 2nd frame, one of the casters floated like that (as well as a few other minor issues) and there was no way I was sending it back again to wait a month and then get a third frame with something else wrong. So I put some washers in and its been fine for years. The cap at the top of the fork covers them up for the most part, so its not noticeable. It's just extending the length of the fork, not changing the angle, so I don't see any problem with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X