Omegatrac just Quit. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omegatrac just Quit. Help!

My Omegatrac wheelchair just stopped working. A code came up on the Premier LiberT joystick. The code is 5 to the left of the power button and 4 to the right of the button.
    I depend on the chair to get me around the rugged terrain where I live.
    Can anyone help??

Rich
    Rich

Hey Rich, we met a few times over a mutual friends party. I was supposed to get back to you via email but never did get your email address. Try posting that question over at the wheelchairdriver.com message board. Hopefully, someone can help out with your problem. I'm not familiar with those chairs but the first thing I would try is disconnecting the batteries for a few minutes to reset the controller. While you have them disconnected check their condition with a volt meter. G/l

Comment

http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/boar...pic.php?t=5674

Comment

i have code book your joy stick is bad. They don't make them anymore it sucks

Comment

Can't hurt to take it apart and look for any defects. I'd check the cable from the joystick to the controller too.

Comment

I hope you get it running but if you ever want to get rid of it let me know. I pay cash

Comment

Try ebay for a used controller

Comment

Thanks J. I had trouble registering at wheelchairdriver.com. I'll try again and see what I can find out.
                Rich

Comment

Nvohs, that helps to know it is probably the joystick. I'll keep working on it. Thanks
                  Rich

Comment

That's a good place to look. It may be the joystick rather than the controller. Thanks.
                    Rich

Comment

I was thinking the controller is separate from the joystick (in the separate electronics box).
                      Rich

Comment

I tried some old joysticks that were sent with the chair and the code came up 1 on the left side of the on button and 6 on the right side.
                        I also unplugged the batteries and plugged them back in.
                        So far, no good.
                        Rich

Comment

I would think it is. Some of low amp chairs have integral joystick/controllers have that type, but I doubt the Omega has that.

Comment

1 and 6 means the brake squeeze handle is partially engaged from someone pushing chair manually. try squeeze and release a couple times

Comment

I have heard that when you have problems with electronics, the first action is to turn it off, rest then restart.
                              Would disconnecting the battery for a period have an influence? It seems to work on the car allowing the box to 'reset' (that is a technical term )

Comment

Working...
                              X