Bad experience with Max Mobility Smart Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by August West View Post
    I was with you all the way until this last comment about choosing a correctly matched controller to the motor (aka motor drive). My understanding is that you are leaving the motor and it's drive untouched and all you are changing is the throttle from wireless to hardwired.
    I was talking about building from scratch, not this revision.
    And this is not changing from wireless to hardwired. I have already gone hardwired with my Smartdrive, using e-bike components. But the e-bike throttles accelerate too fast for tippy wheelchairs. I may have mentioned wireless since there is no "wire" inside the throttle, like the old time pots that scratched over wire windings.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

August wrote:
      1. Cut the signal wire. Now you will have two ends of the signal wire: 1) signal wire 1 (going to the wireless throttle) and 2) signal wire 2 (going to the motor drive).
      2. Signal wire 1 remains unconnected in order to eliminate the wireless throttle.
      3. Connect the resistor between your hardwired throttle power line (adjustable 0-5V) and signal wire 2.
      4. Connect the capacitor between the signal wire 2 and ground

response
      1 signal wire 2 goes to the controller
      2 signal wire 1 remains unconnected? really? That is the one coming from the throttle dictating the chosen speed. The other two wires are plus and minus 5v
      3 this sounds like the resistor goes in the cut signal wire different that above, more like I thought.
      4 which side of the res?

Looking through the different sites there are various schematic examples. Some have them wired in parallel, or series or both with two resistors. The site I referenced above, below whatever had them in series. Does it matter?
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Schematic explains it best.
        Attached Files

Comment

wondering if any of the MX2 users have used the phone app? It doesn't have any good reviews that I can find, just wondering if they have fixed it.

Comment

IF you have MX2, contact max mobility and upgrade to mx2+. It is much better!!

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
              August wrote:
              1. Cut the signal wire. Now you will have two ends of the signal wire: 1) signal wire 1 (going to the wireless throttle) and 2) signal wire 2 (going to the motor drive).
              2. Signal wire 1 remains unconnected in order to eliminate the wireless throttle.
              3. Connect the resistor between your hardwired throttle power line (adjustable 0-5V) and signal wire 2.
              4. Connect the capacitor between the signal wire 2 and ground

response
              1 signal wire 2 goes to the controller
              2 signal wire 1 remains unconnected? really? That is the one coming from the throttle dictating the chosen speed. The other two wires are plus and minus 5v
              3 this sounds like the resistor goes in the cut signal wire different that above, more like I thought.
              4 which side of the res?

Looking through the different sites there are various schematic examples. Some have them wired in parallel, or series or both with two resistors. The site I referenced above, below whatever had them in series. Does it matter?
              Nonoise, see pm please.

Comment

Working...
              X