Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickie 710, tip over, stuck?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quickie 710, tip over, stuck?

    I got a new Quickie 710 Power Chair recently. It seems to get suck in gravel more than my Invacare TDX5 ever did. And for the 1st time ever, my chair flipped over. Anyone ever flip a chair over after hitting a crack or something? Tipping over sideways? Any other Quickie 710 owners have issues?
    Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

  • #2
    I've never tipped over and I've done some risky stuff in a powerchair. I've been stuck in gravel, sand, wet grass, snow. So I can imagine. I've just ordered a QM-710 and by the measurements, it's only an inch skinnier than my current Quantum 6000z. Weight and everything else is the same. There is certainly more ground clearance and the suspension design is more flexible. As in, it can move more independently so that may affect the off-road capability. I know the TDX5 was considered a good outdoor/off-road able chair compared to others. The difference may be quite drastic to what you're used to. I chose the QM-710 because my only other options were even less capable. I'm wondering if there are any adjustments to help make it more off-road capable?

    Comment


    • #3
      Never had a Quickie 710. But, several years ago had problem with power modular and started rolling backwards down driveway and about time got right to end of driveway the electric brakes engaged. Done close to a 3/4 backward flip with weight and me belted in so I could hardly breath.
      I was lucky, truly! A crew were building a house across the road and they came to my rescue. They flipped me back upright and got help for me.
      I ended up with another fractured vertebraes, completely broke off one rib from another vertebrae and several fractured ribs on one side.

      Once I leaned to far forward into upright freezer in FWD chair and my forehead and front edge of freezer stopped my fall. Had nice crease down forehead.

      Curious does your Quickie 710 tires fairly narrow?
      I had FWD with regular air tires and could cross gravel and uneven ground. But RWD with narrow tires would sink in gravel and need push get out of it and no way risk uneven ground.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MikeP2013 View Post
        Never had a Quickie 710. But, several years ago had problem with power modular and started rolling backwards down driveway and about time got right to end of driveway the electric brakes engaged. Done close to a 3/4 backward flip with weight and me belted in so I could hardly breath.
        I was lucky, truly! A crew were building a house across the road and they came to my rescue. They flipped me back upright and got help for me.
        I ended up with another fractured vertebraes, completely broke off one rib from another vertebrae and several fractured ribs on one side.

        Once I leaned to far forward into upright freezer in FWD chair and my forehead and front edge of freezer stopped my fall. Had nice crease down forehead.

        Curious does your Quickie 710 tires fairly narrow?
        I had FWD with regular air tires and could cross gravel and uneven ground. But RWD with narrow tires would sink in gravel and need push get out of it and no way risk uneven ground.

        My goodness!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gregsw View Post
          I got a new Quickie 710 Power Chair recently. It seems to get suck in gravel more than my Invacare TDX5 ever did. And for the 1st time ever, my chair flipped over. Anyone ever flip a chair over after hitting a crack or something? Tipping over sideways? Any other Quickie 710 owners have issues?
          Hi Gresgsw,

          Could you tell me more of your Quickie 710 over all experience? I was only got to tryout for like 15 mins and I noticed the Quickie 710 is not smooth despite the fact that it has it own suspension on all the wheels. I was on uncomfortable in the chair because the joystick was too short and the chair was too high due to the elevator feature. So I don't know if it was the chair didn't get proper set up or it just not smooth?

          I currently in the process of getting a new chair.

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm going to look for bigger tires.Thx
            Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

            Comment


            • #7
              I like the 710 pretty good. I got the speed package, but it gave up a lot on the torque side. I got seat elevator, tilt, recline, motor legrests, speed package. They did say getting all that stuff, their new traction \ suspension does not fit. I’m not a fan of the back I got, So we added padding.
              Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

              Comment


              • #8
                Quickie 710

                I like the chair itself, I'd like bigger front tires though. Found the cause of tipping over. The acceleration was set to 0-100, so it went from 0 to 100. it should have had a slight delay to speed up. When I start forward and turning at the same time, it just whipped aound. Momentum just flipped me over. It broke my shouder, Spent 10 days in ICU draining fluid off my lung.


                Originally posted by Canucks View Post
                Hi Gresgsw,

                Could you tell me more of your Quickie 710 over all experience? I was only got to tryout for like 15 mins and I noticed the Quickie 710 is not smooth despite the fact that it has it own suspension on all the wheels. I was on uncomfortable in the chair because the joystick was too short and the chair was too high due to the elevator feature. So I don't know if it was the chair didn't get proper set up or it just not smooth?

                I currently in the process of getting a new chair.

                Thanks
                Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have a QM-710, and I have never flipped over in it in the two years I have had it. I have flipped over in my S-525, and that was scary.
                  Samantha

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X