Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual wheelchair power assist device recommendations needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post

The smart drive was never really intended for quads and it does not work great for higher quads at all no matter what anybody may tell you. I had three different versions and worked with max mobility to try to make it more quad friendly and it just was not to be the spinnergy ZX-1 is the best for quads, hands down. For me I don't need power assist all the time I use it as needed and with a touch of a button I can connect and disconnect from my ZX in like three seconds...
    Ok, but you didn't give any explanation, no reasons for your opinion. If you have information why the SD isn't functional for quads please share.

I'm a C5/6 quad but it's an incomplete injury. Limited hand function but very stable trunk. With the tap start and stop it seems easy enough to use.

I did take another look at the ZX-1 and I could see it as an option. One problem is wheelchair compatibility. I use a Quickie GPV, it does not have a cross tube at the right place.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; 13 Sep 2020, 2:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wes4dbt View Post

Ok, but you didn't give any explanation, no reasons for your opinion. If you have information why the SD isn't functional for quads please share.

I'm a C5/6 quad but it's an incomplete injury. Limited hand function but very stable trunk. With the tap start and stop it seems easy enough to use.

I did take another look at the ZX-1 and I could see it as an option. One problem is wheelchair compatibility. I use a Quickie GPV, it does not have a cross tube at the right place.

I can't speak for fuentejps, or quads in general (I'm a T12), but I suspect the issues with SD -vs- Zx1 have more to do with setting them up; hooking it up/taking it off and turning the power unit on/off; more so than how it's activated once properly installed and turned on.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
      X