Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwalbe ONE Wheelchair Tires

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Schwalbe ONE Wheelchair Tires

    Any of you guys running these yet?
    I'd love to give these a try, but I wonder if they last as long as Marathons?
    https://howirollsports.com/shop/schwalbe-one-wheelchair-tire/
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

    #2
    Good question. Why are they more expensive then Marathons especially without the tread?

    Comment


      #3
      I use them .I like the extra width to me better ride. I would say they wear really well last pair had 18 months wheeling and another 400 plus miles on the attachable hand bike probably could have went longer

      Comment


        #4
        i have these but the older version as mine have no tread at all, they arnt wider than marathons but i got these as i lean on my tyre alot so they are comfy for that, plus i push off with my tyre as well as the rim , i like them they have lasted a while, they are just no good in the snow haha

        Comment


          #5
          they wont wear as well as mp. other option is right run plus, same tire as mp, but lighter and no tread.
          Originally posted by Crappler View Post
          Any of you guys running these yet?
          I'd love to give these a try, but I wonder if they last as long as Marathons?
          https://howirollsports.com/shop/schwalbe-one-wheelchair-tire/
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

          Comment


            #6
            They must be awful in the snow.
            T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

            Comment


              #7
              I've got the old sort (no tread) on my chair. They're very lightweight, easy to put on, and have low rolling resistance. Re wear; imo they're nowhere near as robust or long lasting as MPs. Also the rear of the chair sits about 1/4" lower compared to MPs (just in case that's a problem). I bought mine in a clearance sale, 5 pound for the pair. On hindsight at that price I wish I'd bought up whatever stock they had left. I think the standard retail price is quite high for what feels like a flimsy tyre (but I've not seen the new version).

              Comment


                #8
                My Bad I use the Schwalbe Airborne they have the extra width 1.2" Have not used the Schwalbe one


                Originally posted by pete4sake View Post
                I use them .I like the extra width to me better ride. I would say they wear really well last pair had 18 months wheeling and another 400 plus miles on the attachable hand bike probably could have went longer

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm thinking about getting these when I wear through my current set of MPs.

                  Anyone have any further feedback in the past year or so?

                  Is the rolling resistance noticably less than Marathons?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm not a fan of that brand. I bought some marathons that were suppose to be puncture proof. They wore out twice as fast as a cheaper brand I usually buy and I ran something over in my garage and it popped my tire.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by royb View Post
                      I'm not a fan of that brand. I bought some marathons that were suppose to be puncture proof. They wore out twice as fast as a cheaper brand I usually buy and I ran something over in my garage and it popped my tire.
                      I’m a big fan of Schwalbe. The marathon plus tires have been indestructible for me. I’ve pushed through glass numerous times and pulled a tack out of my tire without getting any flats. They’re just a pita to get on the rim and they’re a bit bulky.

                      if you’ve got suggestions for a much lighter tire I’m all ears.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm on my second set of the One tires. They are perfect for concrete and smooth surfaces. The wear is ok, not as good as the marathon plus tires which I use on a second set of wheels when it's wet or I'm going camping/offroad. I still have a third set of wheels specifically for snow and sand.
                        http://www.adaptivesportsforums.com/

                        I love sports! Wheelchair Basketball, Sled Hockey, Mono-Skiing, and Handcycling.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X