Portable commode/shower chair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable commode/shower chair.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a portable commode/shower chair that I can put in my car and bring with me when I go on a road trip? I recently ordered the Medline/Guardian drop-arm commode and it didn?t work out. Wasn?t able to reach for digital stim.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Take a look at GO! Mobility Solutions at http://www.GoesAnywhere.com. If you don't like it for any reason let me know and we'll pick-up the return freight.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

I have a Go Mobility chair and it's pretty tricky to assemble as you have to really compress the legs when you attach the cross-member that goes front to back on either side. I cannot do it on my own so I definitely have to have my wife along to do the assembly. Other than that it's a good commode chair. I wish it had a bit of dump to it for stability, but it packs nicely.
      T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Nuprodx. Expensive and thoroughly worth it, compared to the alternatives. The only other one I'd consider is the Borringia Chameleon but that has a lot less support, so it depends what you need.

Comment

I also have a Go Mobility chair, the Shower 'n Tub Chair (CST). It's a clever and functional design, but does require fully functional hands, particularly for disassembly when pushing in the ball detents.

Comment

Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
            I also have a Go Mobility chair, the Shower 'n Tub Chair (CST). It's a clever and functional design, but does require fully functional hands, particularly for disassembly when pushing in the ball detents.
            Yeah, will pose a challenge to anyone without hand function but my wife can assemble and disassemble it in just a few minutes.

You can very easily add dump to the chair. Just leave the front legs longer than the rear. I'm a c5 and 1 adjustment hole higher in the front and I'm leaning back comfortably.

rick
            Rick Goldstein
            GO! Mobility Solutions
            facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

I'll give that a try next trip. I was afraid it would be too much dump!

Comment

Originally posted by goldnucs View Post
                You can very easily add dump to the chair. Just leave the front legs longer than the rear. I'm a c5 and 1 adjustment hole higher in the front and I'm leaning back comfortably.

rick
                That dump trick works well for me.

Comment

We use the Nuprodx Multichair Folding Travel Shower/Commode chair. I's easy to assemble/disassembles and fits into a rolling carry-on bag that they include. Not traveling much these days but it works great when we do.

Comment

I have had both Nuprodox and Go Anywhere. Nuprodox the best by far for me.

Comment

Is there a Nuprodx travel chair that's self-propelled?
                      I still have delusions of solo travel...

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
                        Yes: Look at their 4000 series.

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
                          I'm a T2 complete and travel by myself quite a bit- probably between 40-60 nights a year. I bought a Nuprodx 3000 2009ish and LOVE it. Then last year I contacted Nuprodx and bought 20" rear wheels, front casters, and foot plates and just like like that I had a self-propelled chair that I could use anywhere I found a roll-in shower. When there's no roll-in shower available I slip the wheels off and go with the original set up. All said and done I think I paid less for the 3000 and wheels than you will for a 4000 series. My final set-up looks like the 4020 or the 4220.

You can't go wrong with Nuprodx- their stuff is expensive but worth it!! (I'm 6'3" 230lbs and it holds up to my abuse)
                          Dave

Comment

...there's a new player on this scene.

Seatara Wheelable Shower Commode.

Reports suggest its scary good.
                            "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Comment

Originally posted by WahWah View Post
                              ...there's a new player on this scene.

Seatara Wheelable Shower Commode.

Reports suggest its scary good.
                              I'm not a fan of the fact that if any plastic part breaks, including the moving parts which will be more prone to it, the whole thing is useless and unfixable. Also there are no options for any more support/push handles.

Comment

Working...
                              X